go steelers!!

moorefunn

HawaiiApril,

I'm to say, but I can top your Steelers win and a cruise in the same week. The Steelers win and our first child will be born on Friday.

This will be a week I'll never forget. I'm just glad my wife didn't go into labor during the game.

WORLD CHAMPION

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

We are still tired out from the entire playoff thing. WOW!!! Ward so deserved to win MVP. What a win. I won Seattle's Best coffee from a niece in Seattle. She said to share it with the true winners of the Super Bowl, the refs. Sounds like sour grapes in my coffee?????

I love all this talk about the refs. Great teams make great plays when needed. The refs weren't the ones dropping passes. The refs weren't the ones missing field goals, The refs weren't the ones not keeping their feet in bounds. The refs weren't the one continually punting the ball in the endzone. The refs weren't the ones with the poor time management skills. The refs weren't the one not the one going 5 for 17 on third downs.

You hear the squak about the pass interference call and Ben's touchdown. Let's take those away. The kicked a field goal so give the Seahawks 4 more points 21-14. Ben doesn't get in, they kick a field goal 18-14. Guess what Seahawks still lose.

You want to talk about the holding call on the pass to the 2, let's talk about the pick on Polamalu, let's talk about the block in the back on Ben on the interception return.

I will give you the call on Hasselbeck was bad. But other than that, can't give it to you. Sorry guys.

As I said, great teams make great plays in crunch time. Take the Denver game. Bettis scores on a handoff that's called back on illegal formation. Next play the Steelers score on a pass to Ward.

Alice enjoy your coffee. Share it with the true winners of the game. Willie Parker 75 yard touchdown run. Randle El 43 yard touchdown pass and touchdown saving tackle on the interception return all this after taking a helmet to the back earlier in the game. Clark Haggans who with great jumps from the line was beating #75 all game, leading to a couple holding calls. With the defense, who despite giving up 400 yards only gave up 10 points.

Yes, it's sour grapes. The Seahawks never made the big plays. They spent most of the first half on our side of the 50 and only scored 3 points.

I will give you the call on Hasselbeck was bad.

Hartings got called for that same illegal block penalty during the MNF game against Indy after Big Ben got intercepted. Jeff went down low to dive tackle aMike Doss but he also took out the blocker in front.

Holmgren needs to take a page out of Mike Scioscia's book on how to handle a loss involving questionable calls.

We had a great time at the game, with one exception. As some of you might know, I'm disabled and I was in a wheelchair to take me from the drop off point, about 6 blocks from Ford Field, to the stadium. We were waiting for an elevator to take us from level one to level three, where our seats were, for almost an hour. All the elevators were always full with media guys taking their cameras and stuff from the basement level to the media center. Finally, there was an empty elevator so I got on with my sister, and another disabled woman and her family got on with us. Unfortunately, instead of going up, the elevator went down to the basement level, where a security guy came up and yelled, "everyone off this elevator, NOW". The lady who was operating the elevator said, "these people were patiently waiting for more than an hour for an elevator, I'll just take them up to their level and come right back down here". The jerk said, "I said, get off this elevator NOW !!!" We all had to get off and then we waited to see who was so important that they needed their own private elevator. It was Joe Theismann, Phil Simms and John Elway. They didn't want to share an elevator with any fans, so they kicked off two disabled women so they could have the car to themselves. Plus it was more than two hours before gametime so they didn't need to hurry anywhere. How's that for being kind and courteous?

But, our guys won, and the Stones were great.

I thought it was a great game. The Steelers played well, but we in Seattle wouldn't trade our team for anything. They gave us some memorable games this season, and for the first time my kids are finally watching football! We'll be in Florida next year.

Wa Mama,

You seem to be recovering well. I know when we lost the Super Bowl 10 years ago it was months before the city recovered. To this day, they still blame Neil O'Donnell regardless of the fact the receiver didn't read the defense and ran the wrong route.

It looks like the Seahawks are in great shape financially and should be able to hold on to a lot of their top free agents.

Even though the Steelers wan the Super Bowl, they are not picked to repeat. You never know.

How to see you in Miami next year. I'm already making plans.

Hey Rick, I thought today was the big Day? As for Steeler's repeat, don't forget about my team up here in New England. Not sure if we play each other next year. I just received by bill for next years tickets they don't waste anytime.

As for Steeler's repeat, don't forget about my team up here in New England. Not sure if we play each other next year. .

No Steeler-Patriot game in the 2006 regular season. Each AFC North Division team is slated to play every AFC East Division team in the 2007 regular schedule (division vs division is rotated on a 3 yr schedule--they all last faced each other in full during the 2004 season).

Wa Mama,

You seem to be recovering well. I know when we lost the Super Bowl 10 years ago it was months before the city recovered.

Also lots of similarities here when the Steelers lost in SB XXX: An underdog team outgains their opponent and wins the time of possession battle as well. Underdog commits a costly pass interception in the 4th quarter being down by only half a score and with momentum on their side. SB winner puts the game away on the ensuing possession by scoring a touchdown.

It still smarts although to me not as much as the stunning loss to San Diego in the previous year's AFC Championship Game.

At least Seattle will have Hasselbeck back next year. Steelers lost O'Donnell to free agency which prevented them from making it back to the SB the following year (in my opinion).

I agree about the loss of O'Donnell. He was our best QB since Bradshaw. But he way things went, it was the best thing he could do. This town still has not forgiven him. He's the only Steeler QB to lose a Super Bowl. Me, I still love him. He was a QB I thought could win the game in the 4th quarter. It was a long time since we had a QB like that.

UNTIL NOW

Archived