Billing irregularities pre-cruise?

snowsuits

Hello:

We booked the super family plus cabin, comprising three rooms - two balconies and an interior. It was priced as one room and we paid in full, along with gratuities and premium packages. All seemed fine until today when we got multiple requests for another almost $500, with a warning that our cruise could be cancelled. I called customer service, and spoke with a very nice and helpful agent for quite some time. She brought her supervisor in. They agreed that we were paid in full. Their system had somehow billed the three rooms separately and added the extra charges. Confirmed we were paid in full. Again, very pleasant conversation.

The automated booking confirmation sent after our call again has the rooms booked separately and the ~$500 balance. Is this going to cause trouble with our boarding process? Anyone else have this experience?

What does your web check-in screen say?  That's where it will tell you if you're actually paid in full.  If there's no green check mark there then you need to contact MSC again to fix it, or your cruise could be ultimately cancelled, and you won't be able to print out the E-tickets until it shows paid in full..  I've been through this a few times.

We also had this happen to us.  

We have the Super family plus and are going with another family.  We each had to pay separately but under the same account.

When I put our final payment down our TA returned an updated invoice which was more than the original (it probably was around $500 but I can't remember exactly).  This was a couple days prior to our final payment being due.  We had to get an extension to our due date and it took our TA over a week to get things sorted out with MSC.

• Like 1