Luggage Direct

retafcruiser

We don’t use Luggage Direct, but we do ship our bags directly to Miami via Luggage Concierge.  They pick up the bags, their agent in Miami delivers it to the ship and picks them up in Miami and ships them home. We love traveling luggage free

We have used Luggage Direct several times to deliver our cases to and from Seabourn and Oceania ships in Europe and South America.  We live in a rural area in the Shenandoah Valley, so if they can reach us, I cannot imagine that Miami would be out of the question.  Luggage Forward has always been very responsive whenever we have called about its services.   

I think that Hanoverian is thinking of the various luggage services such as Luggage Forward, etc that pick up luggage from your house and deliver it to the ship and vice-versa.

What I think the OP is talking about is a service like what we were offered on HAL in Miami a few years back.  For a fee, specially tagged luggage was left outside our room like usual, but we didn't have to claim it at the cruiseport.  It was taken to the airline and the next time we saw it was on the carousel at our destination airport baggage claim.

I do not believe this is an option with Oceania.

54 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

What I think the OP is talking about is a service like what we were offered on HAL in Miami a few years back.  For a fee, specially tagged luggage was left outside our room like usual, but we didn't have to claim it at the cruiseport.  It was taken to the airline and the next time we saw it was on the carousel at our destination airport baggage claim.

I do not believe this is an option with Oceania.

Exactly. Thank you, but that isn't the answer I was hoping for....such is life.

retafcruiser, my apologies. I was thinking of Luggage Forward when I attempted to answer your question.  And, per the Oceania website, "Oceania Cruises’ partnership with Luggage Forward® allows guests to have any additional baggage or equipment shipped from their doorstep directly to their ship and then back again."  I believe that Kate-AHF is correct, but perhaps you might want to directly ask either Oceania or Luggage Forward if they can can meet your needs.

Edited by Hanoverian

4 minutes ago, Hanoverian said:

retafcruiser, my apologies. I was thinking of Luggage Forward when I attempted to answer your question.  And, per the Oceania website, "Oceania Cruises’ partnership with Luggage Forward® allows guests to have any additional baggage or equipment shipped from their doorstep directly to their ship and then back again."  I believe that Kate-AHF is correct, but perhaps you might want to directly ask either Oceania or Luggage Forward if they can can meet your needs.

No need to apologize. I have used Luggage Forward before to my cruise ship, and the service was great!