Galaxy--Dry Dock????

packedandready

I've been trying to get information on a Panama Canal cruise for '07. Right now reservations stop in April '06. I called Celebrity and they were no help. I've read here that the Galaxy may be coming into dry dock. Anyone know anything about this?

Galaxy usually sails February, March and April. If she is in dry dock will it take the entire time? Or can I hope for one of the months??? Thanks

Galaxy is not scheduled to be in Galveston after this season. I don't believe Celebrity will have a presence there. They did announce that I believe it was 07 that she was headed for dry dock.

Thanks xynewbie for your quick reply. Although it was not what I wanted to hear:( . I guess that means the only itineraries from Galveston/Houston is Mexico and Western Caribbean. Galveston is less than an hour away and we're booked on the Rhapsody for #3. Sooooooo convienient. But, was looking for something different to celebrate our 30th anniversary.

GALAXY will be doing southern Caribbean itineraries come next winter and spring out of San Juan. The last Panama Canal cruise out of Galveston is mid-April this year.

Since I knew that this was really 'last call' for the Panama Canal itinerary out of Galveston, I did it a few weeks ago (1/9-1/21). We had a CC Conections party with Cruise Director Shawn Cavanaugh as host. In the Q & A session, he was specifically asked about when GALAXY was headed for drydock. He said it was going in "at the end of this year." That's all I know; wish I had specifics, since many people are scratching their heads about this one and wondering how they are going to pull it off with what looks like a full cruise schedule through the end of 2006.

Cheers,

Nope!

Looked at RCI to see if they planned on replacing the Galaxy with the Splendor (this ship did it the year before the Galaxy came to Galveston last year). But, no luck!

Galaxy heading for a San Juan home port after the Med this coming summer.

Bummer.

I finally :rolleyes: got the idea to look at Galaxy schedule and found her moving to Puerto Rico. Story of my life....a day late or a dollar short.

Okay, all you Galveston cruisers....If anyone hears of an itinerary from Galveston or Houston other than Mexico or Caribbean please, please let everyone know. We can leave from there without flying. That's what makes cruising from there so special. Thanks

packedandready,

I am glad I am not the only one who finds is odd that the only itineraries available out of Galveston are for western caribbean ports. FLL and Miami do ALL itineraries, from Bermuda, eastern and southern routes, and yes, western ones, too, including Panama Canal cruises. The new Galveston cruise terminal is very nice, and getting there couldn't be easier. Since every port area is a working ship area as well, I don't expect to see resort-like surroundings. But at least Galveston has some restaurants across the street and in walking distance to the docks, and the historic Galveston Strand is there too.

Please, Celebrity, bring SOMETHING back to Galveston for the late 2007 part of the cruise schedule!

Archived