How many bags can you carry on board

REGINA

We are taking our first RC cruise. We are leaving from Baltimore where we live so this will be the first time we can drive directly to the port. Other than and suitcases and garment bags that we will check in is there a limit to what we can carry on?

Thx

We have sailed out of Baltimore two times as we only live 90 minutes away in Northern, VA. One was a 10 day cruise and they had containers to collect your large luggage and then we carried on our own pillows, carry on suitcase, and bottled water.

For the 5 day cruise to Bermuda, we carried everything on. My husband and I each had a large carryon suitcase. I had a large duffle bag with stuff in it and my husband carried a backpack.

We were able to get in our cabin right away and drop our stuff and then have lunch in the Windjammer.

Upon leaving we had the same amount of luggage and we were off the ship, in our car, and out of the port 8 minutes after they announced that the first passengers could leave the ship! Of course, it helped that our car was only two cars away from where you get off of the ship. It was in record time.

I think there are only two limits for carry-ons.

First you must be able to handle it so to say carry it yourself and the second is they have the X-Ray machines at the gangway to screen your carry-ons and they would have to fit through them. They are similar size like the ones at the airport.

Yes it is limited in size is limited to the carry on size of the airplanes. However I am not sure if there is a limit to the number of bags you can carry on, there is a limit of 200lbs per passenger which icludes all bags total.

Also please remember most ships have the fire doors shut so you cannot access your room until 1:00pm. So if you are planning on getting on early and stashing everything away you may not be able to. Managing all of the carry ons thru the Windjammer for the lunch buffet will end up a great challenge.

Good luck hope this info helps.

We both bring a rolling carry on. My husband brings a rolling cooler with our water, etc. This comes in very handy all week. Our cabin steward keeps it filled with ice. I carry a rolled up table. This is light and is placed on the balcony. It is 32x32 when opened and 6x32 when rolled. We have not been stopped or questioned at all. Everything fits through the xray.

Archived