Snorkel or cave tubing?

VHK

Hello:

We will be in Belize, and although we LOVE snorkeling, I do not want to pass up any other "unique" opportunities; therefore, I would like to know your opinions on whether I should snorkel or cave tube in Belize? And what is THE best tour company? If I cave-tube in Belize, is there any good place to snorkel in Costa Maya, Cozumel, or Playa De Carmen?

We struggled with this same decision when we went in September. Finally decided to snuba at Rendevous Caye and certainly don't regret it. While cave tubing sounds fun and different, it's tough to beat enjoying a boat, gorgeous water and the beach. A struggle with 'land travel' to get to a destination when I could just board the excursion boat directly from the ship and immediately begin my fun! The snuba (others were snorkeling as well) was the best we've seen...(compared to GC, Cozumel and Bahamas). I'm sure they're both awesome and you'll enjoy whatever you do!

We had the same decision and went with cave-tubing (cave-tubing.com) in Belize and snorkeling in Cozumel. Figured we can snorkel lots of places, but the caves were unique. We had a big CC goup (some 35 of us, booked by one of us, independent of the ship) and it was a lot of fun. Not scary, not too cold (those were the main concerns beforehand). The guides really took care of us (Thank you, Richard!!!!) and showed us a good time.

We snorkeled in Cozumel (walked off the ship and found a guy booking trips on his boats) It cost $35 and was in a glass bottom boat, only 8 snorkelers...very nice.

Have a great time!

Snorkeling..how far down do you go..my under water camera only goes 10 feet not sure if that will work...anyone?

With snorkeling you pretty much stay on top of the water, unless you're daring and choose to dive down deeper, but you have to hold your breath and blow the water out when you get back up. Your camera should be fine.

We struggled with this same decision when we went in September. Finally decided to snuba at Rendevous Caye and certainly don't regret it. While cave tubing sounds fun and different, it's tough to beat enjoying a boat, gorgeous water and the beach. A struggle with 'land travel' to get to a destination when I could just board the excursion boat directly from the ship and immediately begin my fun! The snuba (others were snorkeling as well) was the best we've seen...(compared to GC, Cozumel and Bahamas). I'm sure they're both awesome and you'll enjoy whatever you do!

What tour company did you go to Rendevous Caye with? I am trying to book that tour in March! Thanks!

Archived