How early can I check in

dsvrn

I was wondering how early you can arrive foe embarkation at Fort Lauderdale? When will porters take baggage?  We want to be in first Platinum boarding group to be able to sign up for things like Sanctuary and ship tour. We know we will be waiting in line to get in terminal and waiting in the terminal but that is ok. 

15 minutes ago, dsvrn said:

I was wondering how early you can arrive foe embarkation at Fort Lauderdale? When will porters take baggage?  We want to be in first Platinum boarding group to be able to sign up for things like Sanctuary and ship tour. We know we will be waiting in line to get in terminal and waiting in the terminal but that is ok. 

We have arrived as early as 10:30 and boarded immediately or very shortly thereafter. I believe the porters accept luggage earlier, however you may end up  waiting for the terminal to open.

When I boarded the Regal back on 19 January, I arrived at Terminal 2 in Port Everglades at around 09:15 and was able to leave my bags with a porter right away. However, we were the first passengers to board after the ship had been in wet dock for a week so there were no disembarking passengers from a prior cruise to deal with that day.

If you show up before 09:00, you'll almost certainly be contending with the tail end of the disembarking passengers. But you would likely have no issues showing up around 09:30 or 10:00 but you will definitely be spending some time standing in line.

Have always arrived at port in Ft Lauderdale between 9:30 and 10:00 AM.

On January 4th this year we drove in and dropped off our luggage with the porters immediately.  We then went to park the car and then came back down to get in line to enter the terminal around 10:00 AM.  The doors had just opened and we walked straight in.  My wife was on her scooter so they led us to the handicapped line and at 10:30 Security started scanning everyone..  Took 2 minutes to check in with the medallion and were led up to the special waiting area.  At approximately 11:00 AM they got the call to let us onboard and we were led up the gangway and onto the ship.

One note.  Be careful, a lot of construction is being done at terminal 2 and 4.

Edited by famski740