St. Thomas Small Wedding

cape2007

Hi everyone-

I'm trying to help my mother plan her wedding on St. Thomas for this upcoming April. Are there any brides or grooms who have done this/are doing this? Any suggestions re: place for ceremony, transportation, any other applicable details I'm not thinking of would be extremely helpful and appreciated.

I'm not sure if this info. will help, but we're on the Carnival Destiny. There are only 4 of us going.

TIA!

We leave on the April 16th cruise from San Juan. I've heard of islandblissweddings.com and sent my mom over to search the site. Where exactly are you getting married? She's considering Bluebeard's Castle I think, but hasn't come across any other ideas.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi there! We are also getting married in St Thomas - we are using www.weddingstheislandway.com they have been awesome!!! we are "building" our wedding from the caribbean memories package ($750 to start), and they have been great about adding stuff and taking stuff off and answering questions and they are great about making it your day. I had specific requests (like going to the courthouse AFTER the ceremony so we wont see each other -and decorating my cake in a certain way etc.etc) and they are more than willing to make those accomodations. I am working with April - but all the girls there are very nice -and will help you from becoming a bridezilla of sorts. (or bridezillas daughter :) )

Have fun planning!!

We are also going with www.weddingstheislandway.com for our March wedding at Magens Bay. They are great to deal with are respond quickly to our emails. We are having our cake made by www.videsserts.com . Wtiw are also going to make reservations for us to have a little reception at the Blue moon Café after the wedding.

If you go to www.usvi.net you will be able to look at various companies that can help you with the wedding. This is were we found out about the Blue Moon Café and VI Desserts. It is nice having someone take care of everything for you. It makes it a much more enjoyable wedding.

Hope this helps and good luck.

We are leaving this Tuesday and getting married at Limetree Beach on St. Thomas on Friday. I have been working with Janelle also from Islandblissweddings and she has been fabulous!!

I was very undecided about the location and Janelle sent me pictures and her thoughts on a bunch of different locations. We chose Limetree because of location to the ship and that it is not as crowded as Meagans Bay.

As previous poster mentioned, Janelle was away for a bit and had trouble getting home, so I would send her another message. She is very quick to respond under most circumstances.

Another reason I love Janelle is she is sooo open to any ideas! I wanted personalized champagne flutes and she has a vendor on the island who does handmade ones for a very, very reasonable price.

We'll be back Feb. 2nd so I'll post a reply on how everything went.

Cheers.

Archived