Power scooter airport clarity please

PG13

I've read the other threads but I still need a few other things made clear. If I rent a scooter for our cruise to Hawaii (San Francisco -3/1) from Special Needs at Sea or Scoot Around will they be the foldable ones that will make them easy to take on excursions?  I thought for our first trip with a scooter I'd rent it.  I'm hoping if it's foldable that they' let me carry it for him on the tender port. 

If I purchase one for DH, can I roll it though to the plane gate, then have them put it in cargo hold? He probably won't need it at the first airport, small local airport.

Did you put it in the golf case to check it or put it in the case before they load it at the gangway?

Do they charge you if you check it with your suitcases?

I was thinking hubby could use the scooter to go from the car to airport, then pick up a wheelchair assist and I'd wheel the folded scooter to the gate where he'd use it to board.  Will they let me wheel it through the airport?  Does it wheel that easily? 

Or do we use the wheelchair assist and check the scooter with out suitcases?  It will be tough for me handling luggage, a carry on and a folding scooter.

like the EV rider looks, hubby likes non of it, but he needs to adjust, PD has robbed him of so much and now its his ability to walk safely, I worry constantly. 

Well, thank you for all the information to this point. Tomorrow I'm making a few calls to set this up. or, I go purchase one and then I need a case. Hmmm. But for 18 days $350, plus is a good start on our own and he will need his own as this goes on.

Thanks again,

Pat

Generally speaking, Scootaround does not rent those small, folding scooters.  They have the Pride GoGo scooters, either three or four wheel models.  I asked a rep from Scootaround why they don’t rent the small scooters and was told they don’t feel those are stable enough, and can be easily broken, so they don’t carry those.

I’ve been using a GoGo three wheeler for 11 years and I really like them.  Why can’t your husband ride the scooter from the car, through the airport, to the gate and then down the gangway where the baggage handlers will take it to the baggage hold?  Then when you arrive at your destination they will bring it up to the jetway, and off you go.  With the Pride scooters, there’s no hassle with folding them and shoving them into a case.  

Thank you you've saved me one phone call, no Scootaround, I'll start with Special Needs at Sea or what ever Princess suggests as we are cruising with them this trip in March.

I  like to have transport(wheelchair) help at the big airports partly because it is difficult to find elevators,  and I worry it could be a bit tricky taking them off and on the fast moving trains/subways that take you between terminals at the bis airports. 

So do you use the folding scooter?  Do you put yours in a case before putting in the cargo hold?

Is the GoGo 3 wheeler a Pride scooter?

Than you, Pat

PG13,  I am going through the exact same thing right now. On the fence regarding whether to purchase a foldable scooter for my husband or continue to rent. The Go Go 3 is a Pride scooter. Solutions At Sea does have some foldable scooters but they are $50 more than a regular scooter would be (for seven days at least. I am not sure about a longer period of time). I know in the past I have seen someone mention that they can still go to the front of a security line while riding a scooter just as they would if an attendant was taking them through in a wheelchair.  I’d like to verify that though. You probably should check with your airline to make sure it is OK  to  just pull your husband’s scooter in gate check it. I have a feeling they will want you to put it through the baggage check in that case.  Like you, I will be the one pulling the suitcases and carry-on,  Will be in charge of all the documents and so forth.  I usually use an offsite parking lot and then we take the shuttle from there to the airport terminal and check in.  DH is taken to the gate in a wheelchair. He can walk a little bit but it’s always too far of a walk to a gate. He can manage to walk up the jetway himself as well.  I’m  guessing the scooter will  have less chance of being thrown around and damaged if it is taken at the last minute from the jetway to the cargo hold rather than  being checked with bags with other luggage.  Regarding a golf case, only a few particular types of folding scooters will fit in a golf case. A couple of the other types have either a hard sided case, which is pretty expensive at several hundred dollars, or I think there are certain fabric bags you can put them in. Those will probably protect against scratches somewhat but I don’t know about other major damage. It’s a shame that it’s pretty difficult in many cities to find folding scooters available to see and or try in person before purchasing.  I’ve been searching extensively and there are so many brands, types, and the specifications vary.  On several occasions I have read the specs for the exact same model scooter and one supplier’s website will say the scooter minus batteries is 51 pounds and the other website will say 53 or 54 pounds  without the battery.  I’ve seen the exact same scooter plus the battery weights vary  by as much as 10 pounds between sites! And I do pay attention to whether that is with or without batteries. Then there’s the whole deal about which type of battery.  Lightweight means a lot to me and probably to you, too.  You have probably been reading the other questions on this board involving that whole issue.   I’ve been contemplating  whether we should rent a scooter for our upcoming cruise just to  test it out before purchasing one.  The folding ones make it so much easier to use local transportation.   Please post if you find  answers to some of the things either one of us are curious about and good luck to you And your husband getting all of this good stuff squared away.

Hi Pat,

I do not use a folding scooter.  Their seats are too hard and physically uncomfortable for me to use all the time.  I'm post polio, and have been disabled since age 2, so comfort is paramount to me.  My legs don't move easily, and I need a scooter where the seat swivels to allow me to get off the scooter-----folding scooter seats do not move, they're stationary.  But I will say, my Pride GoGo does have a fold down tiller, and it does breaks down into three parts.

Has your husband ever used a scooter?  If not, you don't have to worry about trams and those kinds of vehicles.  The doors stay open long enough to get the scooters inside. I have used my Pride in many airports all over the world, and I've never had a problem getting into or out of elevators or trams------not even at Disney World when using their monorails, and those things get crazy crowded.

PG13,  just wanted to let you know that I called my local airport and they said there is  A designated ADA line for those Using mobility devices like scooters or wheelchairs.   Of course that doesn’t answer your question about having him be in a wheelchair while you pull his scooter. 

If you go to my question on this board titled “Head of security line....”,DUTRAVEL posted contact information for the TSA.

Edited by mlbcruiser

On 2/4/2020 at 11:41 PM, mlbcruiser said:

PG13,  I am going through the exact same thing right now. On the fence regarding whether to purchase a foldable scooter for my husband or continue to rent. The Go Go 3 is a Pride scooter. Solutions At Sea does have some foldable scooters but they are $50 more than a regular scooter would be (for seven days at least. I am not sure about a longer period of time). I know in the past I have seen someone mention that they can still go to the front of a security line while riding a scooter just as they would if an attendant was taking them through in a wheelchair.  I’d like to verify that though. You probably should check with your airline to make sure it is OK  to  just pull your husband’s scooter in gate check it. I have a feeling they will want you to put it through the baggage check in that case.  Like you, I will be the one pulling the suitcases and carry-on,  Will be in charge of all the documents and so forth.  I usually use an offsite parking lot and then we take the shuttle from there to the airport terminal and check in.  DH is taken to the gate in a wheelchair. He can walk a little bit but it’s always too far of a walk to a gate. He can manage to walk up the jetway himself as well.  I’m  guessing the scooter will  have less chance of being thrown around and damaged if it is taken at the last minute from the jetway to the cargo hold rather than  being checked with bags with other luggage.  Regarding a golf case, only a few particular types of folding scooters will fit in a golf case. A couple of the other types have either a hard sided case, which is pretty expensive at several hundred dollars, or I think there are certain fabric bags you can put them in. Those will probably protect against scratches somewhat but I don’t know about other major damage. It’s a shame that it’s pretty difficult in many cities to find folding scooters available to see and or try in person before purchasing.  I’ve been searching extensively and there are so many brands, types, and the specifications vary.  On several occasions I have read the specs for the exact same model scooter and one supplier’s website will say the scooter minus batteries is 51 pounds and the other website will say 53 or 54 pounds  without the battery.  I’ve seen the exact same scooter plus the battery weights vary  by as much as 10 pounds between sites! And I do pay attention to whether that is with or without batteries. Then there’s the whole deal about which type of battery.  Lightweight means a lot to me and probably to you, too.  You have probably been reading the other questions on this board involving that whole issue.   I’ve been contemplating  whether we should rent a scooter for our upcoming cruise just to  test it out before purchasing one.  The folding ones make it so much easier to use local transportation.   Please post if you find  answers to some of the things either one of us are curious about and good luck to you And your husband getting all of this good stuff squared away.

So Ken and I decided to buy instead of rent.  We've decided on the EV rider M model. I'm going to buy it from Med Mart because they're long standing business and I could speak with a person that deals with them. They are located  in Ohio, so at least if we have a problem its not too far away.  I choose the M model after reading a LOT! of reviews. We choose it because its light weight, but not so light that it seems flimsy and easy to fold. Also, M model claims longer battery life, key fob start should make it more secure, 2 front wheels may making it more stable, but they are close together so its maybe more maneuverable then regular 4 wheelers.  It is 44 pounds, I checked with the company. The main complaint is the seat isn't as comfortable. We have 2 trips planned this year one being in Switzerland where we'll be traveling by train half the trip so  it needs to fold down easily and it has to be light for us/me to handle. If we rent one two times this year that'd be almost half the price of the scooter as we'd be gone 3 weeks and 4 weeks between the trips.

I did multiple days of talking with/at Ken about this, giving all these arguments to finally have him agree.  It worries me when we're out that he's going to have a serious fall.  Please put my mind at easy, I can't enjoy myself if I'm always waiting for him to freeze from PD and fall again. Why not now, before long it will be a must, so why not now and use it for longer hauls and save his energy.  Its a place to rest.  He can handle it easily it if something happens to me.  He can handle his own carry on.  SO - he looked over the specs and said OK. Because we live in Michigan a scooter isn't going to be the answer all, but it will. Hope this helps you. Pat

Edited by PG13
error

Hi Pat, i’ve been looking at scooters for days and days online recently. So far have nearly decided on the exact same model you are getting. My husband agreed to getting one a week or so ago,  but since then seems to try to avoid the subject anytime I bring it up. I thought of all the arguments you have mentioned and presented them. However he does not think he will wind up using the scooter that much. If I go ahead and order it, and if he finds it uncomfortable or it how is the problem of any kind early on, I will never hear the end of it. Like you, I also continually feel like I am walking on pins and needles anytime he is on his feet. Especially since he has had a rash of falls in the past 6 mos. As far as the amount of use he would get out of it, I really don’t think he would use it all that much when we are not traveling. But there are events we would be more likely to attend if he didn’t have to walk so far. One of the reasons we travel less now is because there are too many things he cannot do. Just today for instance, my nephew is in town. He is a pilot for a commercial airline and we are going down to pick him up in a short while to spend the day with him before he has to fly out tonight. It’s almost like having a visitor you want to take to all the tourist spots. Almost everything I can think of to do would not be something my husband could do. Yet some of the things with merely just requiring him to be able to walk further distances. My husband wants to come to lunch with us and will  want to go around with us this afternoon.  So I have put a transport chair in the back of my minivan, which which he also never will ride in. My husband is also concerned that the scooter will be a complication because I will be the one dealing with the luggage and dealing with the foldable scooter. I will admit, it’s a lot easier to show up at the airport and let somebody wheel him to the gate. I realize we could check the scooter with baggage but I kind of think they take more of a beating that way. Of course it is easy to have a scooter waiting for us at the ship. Still, all of our travel is not just cruising. It would be a much easier decision if he could try one before purchasing. Even the one we are thinking of renting for this upcoming cruise Is not one of the models we are considering. Or I should say that I am considering for him!  I tried to pin him down a few days ago and he said he didn’t really want to get one. So I keep flip-flopping. I think one of the things that worries me the most is the fact that while doing my research – and yes I did a whole lot of reading and looked at every review I could put my hands on, talked to 2 suppliers, the airlines,  etc. – it seems like it is not unusual for folding scooters to have issues. At least that’s what I have seen and heard from a few people so far. Of course there are also many people recommending them as you and I have both read on these boards. Even upon delivery, I have read of wheels being broken, but more often batteries or chargers that are not operational. I like the auto fold styles for my own convenience but In the case of no power, those are not foldable. I would also go for the lithium battery due to weight issues.Fold up issues would not be  so good if we were on a trip! One can get a stronger, more stable, take apart scooter for half the price of the folding ones, but no way am I doing that. Please , please,  please keep me posted on how you like the scooter. I am flip-flopping over this issue continually and if we are going to get one we need to do it within the next two weeks or so. I’m guessing your’ will arrive soon

. Even if we don’t get one right away, we will be in South Florida soon and I would like to check out a few scooter stores there. I understand some of them have more options in store than the stores I can find here. (I wish cruise critic had a private message option as does TripAdvisor to discuss this whole topic with you further!). Hope this scooter works out very well for you and your husband.

Here's the thing, using a scooter is inevitable for Ken, he has Parkinson's, at this time it causes his feet to freezing mid-stride and if he can't catch himself he will and does fall and this can not be helped much with a cane or walker.  This will get worse, its 12 been years now we've been dealing with this disease, Ken was diagnosed at 52.  I only got him to use a wheel chair on our last trip in Jan, and he agreed partly because it eases our way through check in, etc. The disease has also slowed him down to the point that getting through the airports is a long drawn out affair causing problems getting to our gate on time.  I don't expect he'll use it all the time.  However, it will allow us to get out more. His physical therapist told me it was time for tough love and get angry about using a cane at all times and a scooter.  He was not even using his cane and walked around trying to be sure he was falling onto furniture but often the floor, ridiculous!!  I choose the M model, it does not electrically fold up, but a floor level kick starts the process and you complete it.  I watched it on QVC.  I think the electric fold is just one more thing to go wrong and it only has 1 front wheel. With so many people using them, a lot on our last cruise,  I'm going to trust the product is pretty trustworthy. He won't be using it around the house, our house isn't setup with proper doorways. And, we live in Michigan so in the winter outside is a no go. At some point I will probably need to purchase a model that can get us around in thee snow, but that's up the road a ways I hope. Good luck.

You are welcome to contact me at greenpatti@comcast.net   E V Rider head quarters is located in Ft Meyers, Florida, they have many options. Maybe you could visit there. I do believe you could find a store with more options in Florida.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 11:20 AM, mlbcruiser said:

Hi Pat, i’ve been looking at scooters for days and days online recently. So far have nearly decided on the exact same model you are getting. My husband agreed to getting one a week or so ago,  but since then seems to try to avoid the subject anytime I bring it up. I thought of all the arguments you have mentioned and presented them. However he does not think he will wind up using the scooter that much. If I go ahead and order it, and if he finds it uncomfortable or it how is the problem of any kind early on, I will never hear the end of it. Like you, I also continually feel like I am walking on pins and needles anytime he is on his feet. Especially since he has had a rash of falls in the past 6 mos. As far as the amount of use he would get out of it, I really don’t think he would use it all that much when we are not traveling. But there are events we would be more likely to attend if he didn’t have to walk so far. One of the reasons we travel less now is because there are too many things he cannot do. Just today for instance, my nephew is in town. He is a pilot for a commercial airline and we are going down to pick him up in a short while to spend the day with him before he has to fly out tonight. It’s almost like having a visitor you want to take to all the tourist spots. Almost everything I can think of to do would not be something my husband could do. Yet some of the things with merely just requiring him to be able to walk further distances. My husband wants to come to lunch with us and will  want to go around with us this afternoon.  So I have put a transport chair in the back of my minivan, which which he also never will ride in. My husband is also concerned that the scooter will be a complication because I will be the one dealing with the luggage and dealing with the foldable scooter. I will admit, it’s a lot easier to show up at the airport and let somebody wheel him to the gate. I realize we could check the scooter with baggage but I kind of think they take more of a beating that way. Of course it is easy to have a scooter waiting for us at the ship. Still, all of our travel is not just cruising. It would be a much easier decision if he could try one before purchasing. Even the one we are thinking of renting for this upcoming cruise Is not one of the models we are considering. Or I should say that I am considering for him!  I tried to pin him down a few days ago and he said he didn’t really want to get one. So I keep flip-flopping. I think one of the things that worries me the most is the fact that while doing my research – and yes I did a whole lot of reading and looked at every review I could put my hands on, talked to 2 suppliers, the airlines,  etc. – it seems like it is not unusual for folding scooters to have issues. At least that’s what I have seen and heard from a few people so far. Of course there are also many people recommending them as you and I have both read on these boards. Even upon delivery, I have read of wheels being broken, but more often batteries or chargers that are not operational. I like the auto fold styles for my own convenience but In the case of no power, those are not foldable. I would also go for the lithium battery due to weight issues.Fold up issues would not be  so good if we were on a trip! One can get a stronger, more stable, take apart scooter for half the price of the folding ones, but no way am I doing that. Please , please,  please keep me posted on how you like the scooter. I am flip-flopping over this issue continually and if we are going to get one we need to do it within the next two weeks or so. I’m guessing your’ will arrive soon

. Even if we don’t get one right away, we will be in South Florida soon and I would like to check out a few scooter stores there. I understand some of them have more options in store than the stores I can find here. (I wish cruise critic had a private message option as does TripAdvisor to discuss this whole topic with you further!). Hope this scooter works out very well for you and your husband.

I have had a Tzora folding scooter for years and it has been trouble free.  It is made in Israel and not China.  I have traveled with it all over the world.  The only problems I have had were with airline abuse.  It has been dragged across concrete, upside down and on the console, causing extensive damage.  It never occured to them to roll it upright on the wheels.  Then comes the fight with the airlines to get it repaired.  Special thanks to the caring folks at American.

In my experience, the cost of rental a couple times will pay for the purchase of your own scooter.

Edited by 1980dory
added info

Thanks for your input 1980dory. Sorry your scooter has gotten beaten up by the baggage handlers. . Do you usually check it with checked baggage or do you usually give it up at the gate or jetway? We are awaiting delivery of a scooter now. In our case, it would take about 9 weekly rentals to equal what we are paying for this scooter. Hopefully by owning a scooter he will use it for enough of outings

to make it worth it. I will admit, I stress over the whole airport experience and not only that but how well the scooter will end up holding up.

8 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

Thanks for your input 1980dory. Sorry your scooter has gotten beaten up by the baggage handlers. . Do you usually check it with checked baggage or do you usually give it up at the gate or jetway? We are awaiting delivery of a scooter now. In our case, it would take about 9 weekly rentals to equal what we are paying for this scooter. Hopefully by owning a scooter he will use it for enough of outings

to make it worth it. I will admit, I stress over the whole airport experience and not only that but how well the scooter will end up holding up.

Please note: NEVER check your scooter as  baggage.   If you check it at the door to the plane they will return it to you (at the door) when you arrive at your destination.  Otherwise it is just baggage.  You may be charged for it as such and it has a higher likelihood of being lost.  That happened to me on Singapore Airlines even after being checked at the airplane door.  They sent it to baggage and when I arrived in Singapore---no scooter at the door.  They couldn't find it and told me to go across the airport to baggage claim area to find it.  How?  No scooter for transportation!  What a mess!  And I did not even check it as baggage!  And Singapore Air is one of the highest rated airlines!

Get your education now!  Look up the ADA rules for airline passengers now.  You can Google for that info and get the proper government site. Know your rights before you encounter problems.  Airline personnel do not always know their rules or procedures.  Don't expect them to know or follow what you should know.

Here are some important points:

Review the rules beforehand.

There is no charge for carrying anything medical (including a scooter, charger, battery, medicines, etc.).  I've been told otherwise by American personnel.  I refused to pay for extra medical baggage and after a length of time, they finally figured it out  but only after my adamant refusal to pay extra.

NEVER check these items as baggage!  What if they lose them or they are damaged?  You're sunk!

You always have top priority for boarding.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  If you get what seems incorrect info, get names, dates, specific times, etc and write it down.

If they give you incorrect info., by all means get their info and ask to talk to the designated ADA person in charge for clarification.  The ADA airline representative must be available at all times!

All these rules apply to any airline that travels to or from any US airport.  No airline is excepted even if they are from the Peoples Republic of Podunkia.  If you fly out of Podunkia and into Republic of Kerplunkia, you're out of luck.  Only in or out of USA.

This is just a general overview and I could have made an error here or there.  That's why you need to check the ADA rules for airlines from an official Government site.
Don't expect problems because you will usually have a trouble free flight.  But be prepared and carry a copy of the ADA rules with you for reference if you do encounter problems.

Any more questions, please ask.  I'm not an authority.  I've just traveled quite a bit.  Good luck.

BTW:  The airline is responsible for any damages.  If you have a new scooter, I would ask them to note any or no damages when it is turned over at the door.  Get it in writing!

Edited by 1980dory
additional info

Just recently I used my own scooter to get to and from the plane. It was super easy. Security was  faster then with a porter. All the TSA were wonderful and very careful. This was at Maui airport and the Seattle airport.  I will continue to do it that way. Take my scooter right to the gate of plane. Hope that helps. I did not have to do anything with my scooter as in fold or take anything apart. I have a ZIP'R ROO4.

1980dory, some great info. Especially with regard to printing out the ADA rules. I have indeed read them, but it would absolutely be so much better if something was in question to have the rules in my hand to show if an issue did crop up. I already did have to point out a rule regarding seating issues on a plane to an agent I was speaking with on the phone not long ago. I too, have traveled both domestically and internationally quite a bit, although perhaps not as much as you and certainly not as a disabled person. DH had a medical issue that caused problems with his mobility a few years ago. The problem is to the point now where having the scooter has become very important. So lots of new rules to pay attention to. Your experience with Singapore Airlines must have cost you more than a little stress!  Thanks for sharing your experience. 

oh4nono, good news with regard to your experience with your scooter in Maui & Seattle.  Our upcoming trip, which will be the inaugural one for the scooter (we haven’t received it yet but are expecting it maybe tomorrow), will hopefully go smoothly. The type of scooter you use is not a folding one, is it? I’m pretty certain I will just fold DH’s scooter myself before it is taken away to be stowed because whoever takes it might not be familiar with the particular one we are getting. Like how to fold it properly. It seems every brand and model has different levers to pull to fold it, etc. However it should only take a minute to do that.

Edited by mlbcruiser

7 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

1980dory, some great info. Especially with regard to printing out the ADA rules. I have indeed read them, but it would absolutely be so much better if something was in question to have the rules in my hand to show if an issue did crop up. I already did have to point out a rule regarding seating issues on a plane to an agent I was speaking with on the phone not long ago. I too, have traveled both domestically and internationally quite a bit, although perhaps not as much as you and certainly not as a disabled person. DH had a medical issue that caused problems with his mobility a few years ago. The problem is to the point now where having the scooter has become very important. So lots of new rules to pay attention to. Your experience with Singapore Airlines must have cost you more than a little stress!  Thanks for sharing your experience. 

oh4nono, good news with regard to your experience with your scooter in Maui & Seattle.  Our upcoming trip, which will be the inaugural one for the scooter (we haven’t received it yet but are expecting it maybe tomorrow), will hopefully go smoothly. The type of scooter you use is not a folding one, is it? I’m pretty certain I will just fold DH’s scooter myself before it is taken away to be stowed because whoever takes it might not be familiar with the particular one we are getting. Like how to fold it properly. It seems every brand and model has different levers to pull to fold it, etc. However it should only take a minute to do that.

mlb,

Exactly. Fold it yourself.  You don't want someone 'learning' on your scooter.

Likewise with anyone who offers to drive or park your scooter on the ship as in the MDR.  Chances are that they don't know how to operate it and will learn by experimenting.  Not good.  Then there are a very few who like to impress others with their driving skills and with how fast they can go.  Some like to play with the equipment too.  I've had them want to play with the horn or bell as they go.  Damages occur!  More hassles.

Park it yourself.  Know where it is at all times.  Keep it in sight. If it has a key, lock it and take the key.

This is analogous to the parking lot attendant who chose to race and speed shift my sports car.  I was not happy.

Unfortunately there are more and more who have no respect for other's property.

I would never jump into a parked car and play with the controls.  I could be arrested. But there are those who will do it on your scooter.  And then you get the arguments from management  if you complain.

I have had all these things happen to me but I won't belabor this with specific details.  I also don't want to sound negative about this.  Most all are very considerate and you'll probably have a trouble free trip.  Just use common sense.  Lock your house, car, and luggage before you leave and have a good trip and keep my suggestions in mind.

Edited by 1980dory
corrected recipient

3 hours ago, 1980dory said:

mlb,

Exactly. Fold it yourself.  You don't want someone 'learning' on your scooter.

Likewise with anyone who offers to drive or park your scooter on the ship as in the MDR.  Chances are that they don't know how to operate it and will learn by experimenting.  Not good.  Then there are a very few who like to impress others with their driving skills and with how fast they can go.  Some like to play with the equipment too.  I've had them want to play with the horn or bell as they go.  Damages occur!  More hassles.

Park it yourself.  Know where it is at all times.  Keep it in sight. If it has a key, lock it and take the key.

This is analogous to the parking lot attendant who chose to race and speed shift my sports car.  I was not happy.

Unfortunately there are more and more who have no respect for other's property.

I would never jump into a parked car and play with the controls.  I could be arrested. But there are those who will do it on your scooter.  And then you get the arguments from management  if you complain.

I have had all these things happen to me but I won't belabor this with specific details.  I also don't want to sound negative about this.  Most all are very considerate and you'll probably have a trouble free trip.  Just use common sense.  Lock your house, car, and luggage before you leave and have a good trip and keep my suggestions in mind.

I agree with the above but also want to add that when we find out where our dinning room and table are, we go to the Maitre'd and request a table close enough to the front of the Dinning Room so that my husband can park and lock his scooter himself.

We have had the waiters offer to drive the scooter to a parking spot and ALWAYS insist that we will not let anyone drive the scooter.  You must be insistant and they will eventually find you a place to park closer to your table. If something happend to my husbands scooter, he would not be able to enjoy the rest of the cruise.

We did have a problem once and the engineers took the scooter away for almost two days, got the instructions off the internet and actually fixed it while we were on board.  That was on Princess.  We were greatly appreciative and offered a tip to the cruise employees who helped us.

5 minutes ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

I agree with the above but also want to add that when we find out where our dinning room and table are, we go to the Maitre'd and request a table close enough to the front of the Dinning Room so that my husband can park and lock his scooter himself.

We have had the waiters offer to drive the scooter to a parking spot and ALWAYS insist that we will not let anyone drive the scooter.  You must be insistant and they will eventually find you a place to park closer to your table. If something happend to my husbands scooter, he would not be able to enjoy the rest of the cruise.

We did have a problem once and the engineers took the scooter away for almost two days, got the instructions off the internet and actually fixed it while we were on board.  That was on Princess.  We were greatly appreciative and offered a tip to the cruise employees who helped us.

Interesting.  I too have had some serious problems with Princess.

My dh has always parked the rental scooter and walked into the DR. Twice we were assigned tables unsatisfactory for us, much smaller than requested, right in front of the entry. I realize the cruise line was trying to be helpful but both times we had to get switched. Different strokes for different folks and each case is different, I guess.