What's with the water?

dimomom

New cruiser here, Navigator on March 4th. I have read so many times in various threads about people packing water from home. Is the water on the ship not free, or is it not fit to drink? It never occurred to me that there might be a problem getting water on board. Also, it sounds like room fridges come pre-stocked with something. What will we find and will we be charged if we use it? Thanks in advance.

The water on the AOS was fine to drink, we went to the windjammer and refilled our water bottles that we carried on instead of bringing alot of water with us. I don't mind drinking purfied water instead of spring water. Some people prefer spring water. They do stock the fridges with some water and soda but they will charge you for it. They also offer bottled water for sell at various points on the ships especially port days.

The water is fine on the ship (tap water) It is purified and super safe to drink.

The people that pack water just feel safer doing so I assume...but its not necessary. I know I wouldnt want to lug a big 24pk of water on my cruise. That is sooo heavy and not needed.

I usually pack a couple of bottles of water with me - but not for use on the ship. Rather, it is for use off the ship on the islands or on the plane ride to and from the ship. I will usually just refill the bottles with tap water from the ship throughout the week. The bottled water on the ship is very expensive and I can carry a couple of bottles of water just as easily. I don't see the need to carry a case of water on board though.

There is plenty of free and bottled water onboard...so no worry. I think a lot of people take onboard because of the cost. To me it's no big deal...I'm on vacation and will buy bottled water when I want it, instead of hauling around. You'll be fine with the water.

New cruiser here, Navigator on March 4th. I have read so many times in various threads about people packing water from home. Is the water on the ship not free, or is it not fit to drink? It never occurred to me that there might be a problem getting water on board. Also, it sounds like room fridges come pre-stocked with something. What will we find and will we be charged if we use it? Thanks in advance.

I had no problem with the water on the Navigator. It tasted better than my home tap water. The tap water is free, bottled water is not and is expensive.

If your fridge is stocked, then you will be charged for anything you use from it, but check your statement carefully. You can also ask the steward to remove everything in the fridge so you can put your own drinks in there if you choose. They really don't keep things all that cold though, so asking for a second ice bucket to keep things cold works too. Also, we've found our fridge locked on occasion. The steward should be able to open it for you.

At home I prefer bottled water. On the ship, including on the Navigator 8 days ago, I drink the ships tap water and refill my bottles with it too. I believe the tap water tastes at least as good as the bottled water I usually buy.

Archived