Celebrity Gift Cards/E-Certificates

jeremybe

Anyone have any experience with these? I have an opportunity to get a $500 award of one of these through work (among other options) - They cert state that they have to be redeemed on a new booking only and through Celebrity - Anyone know if after making an initial booking with a gift cert if the booking can then be transferred to your travel agent for OBC?

Thanks!

The process I used was to book directly through Celebrity, then call the number from the gift card and have them try to apply it. In my case, this was a brand new gift card which didn't show up in their system, so it took about 3-4 weeks to get it applied. Once it was applied, I was able to transfer the booking to my TA of choice.

Note that for RCL, you *must* book directly through the cruise line, so I assumed the process for Celebrity was the same, however, they told me I could have booked through my TA directly and had them apply the card. YMMV on this though, and it's probably safer to book directly and then transfer once applied.

I'm using some of these gift cards on a booking I'm making right now.  I was told by my TA that they can apply the gift cards, however it will affect our perks.  The gift cards are not commissionable so if your TA refunds a percentage of your fare as Ship Credit, that credit will be less.  For example, if you get 10% back as credit, then if you are booking a $5,000 cruise and use $500 in certificates, the TA will only give you 10% back on $4500 instead of the full $5,000.   So, you'd get $450 in credit instead of $500.  Other than that little quirk, most TA's should have no problem redeeming your certs.