02/09/20 Regal Princess - Live From The Vow Renewal Cruise

seagypsea

32 minutes ago, hsmom said:

@seagypsea How did you like being on Deck 8? We have always been up on 14 but are looking at trip in the fall that has openings on 8. Thanks!

Personally I will not stay on Deck 8 again.  This was the second time.  First time we were mid-ship just past and over the future cruise consultant.  Deck 8 is the one with the lifeboats.  We had picked a cabin that looked like it was in between boats, however it had a big white metal "arm" that I presume assists in moving the boats.  The view was very obstructed and I was unhappy with my decision to book that room.

This time we were in E110.  The cabin itself was very nice and spacious and quiet.  I did not like the big metal walls on either side of the balcony... I could deal with the half wall on the front.  It was very windy when the ship moved and very hot when it didn't.  If I was at the balcony rail and my DH came up behind me and hugged me I had to whisper and remind him that there were people standing directly behind us in the cabin above.

On the other hand it was very quiet, but a football field walk to anywhere and back, which is probably why I only gained 2 lbs. instead of 5.

I'll be going back to one of the higher decks and like you, I like Deck 14.

Diann

Edited by seagypsea