St Martins Sea Caves

PugM0m

Hello,

I am going to Saint John, NB on May 22. I looked at the tide forecast, and with when the Empress of the Seas is going to be in port, we do not have the option of getting to the St Martins Sea Caves, any where close to low tide. I was hopping someone could tell me, is it really worth taking so much of our port time getting there since we won't be able to go into the sea caves? Is there really enough to see there when you can't walk on the sea bed to the caves?

thank you for any advice you can provide. 

I'm not sure how long you have there or if you are driving, but I've been to the area about three times and haven't even bothered going in the caves. I usually go to hike and explore on the trails along the Fundy Parkway. (It does have a charge to get in). I will paste the link here so you can see if it is something that you would like.

http://fundytrailparkway.com/

It was still neat to see.  It was very low tide when we were there with our private guide.  The beach area is awesome with so many different colored rocks.  It was neat to see the tide rolling out so strong.  We looked before eating and then checked it out after eating...what a difference 30 mins make.  We didn't get to go in...but I'm sure if we had waited another 40 mins or so we could have.  It was just a neat experience to walk as far out as we did.   Our guide took us up the Fundy trail too and that was cool as well