NCL Mastercard Points question

AK Dreaming

I know I can find out with a phone call, but was hoping someone had the experience and could comment.  I booked a 10 day inside cabin for June for just myself.  How many points would I need to upgrade to a OV?  It says 40,000 for a meta upgrade.  Would it be 40,000 or 80,000 since it is a 2 person room and not a solo cabin?  

12 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I know I can find out with a phone call, but was hoping someone had the experience and could comment.  I booked a 10 day inside cabin for June for just myself.  How many points would I need to upgrade to a OV?  It says 40,000 for a meta upgrade.  Would it be 40,000 or 80,000 since it is a 2 person room and not a solo cabin?  

The points are the same no matter how many in the cabin. I booked an inside and upgraded to a balcony for 60,000 points. Solo.

1 hour ago, Zippeedee said:

The points are the same no matter how many in the cabin. I booked an inside and upgraded to a balcony for 60,000 points. Solo.

Thank you!.  I only had 48,000 but I really like the OV since I'm sailing alone and do not need the over sized couch taking up space.  I called and got the upgrade!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

Your post scared me because I thought NCL increased the amount of points required for meta upgrades.  Not sure if they have more than one bank sponsored Worldpoints program but for the BAC NCL Worldpoints card it is 30,000 points for single meta upgrade and 60,000 points for double meta upgrade.  I see you already did the single meta upgrade from inside to oceanview stateroom.  Hopefully it only cost you 30,000 points. 

Here is link to the NCL World Mastercard showing the credit card rewards.

https://www.ncl.com/world-points

Edited by kjquilts

6 hours ago, kjquilts said:

Your post scared me because I thought NCL increased the amount of points required for meta upgrades.  Not sure if they have more than one bank sponsored Worldpoints program but for the BAC NCL Worldpoints card it is 30,000 points for single meta upgrade and 60,000 points for double meta upgrade.  I see you already did the single meta upgrade from inside to oceanview stateroom.  Hopefully it only cost you 30,000 points. 

Here is link to the NCL World Mastercard showing the credit card rewards.

https://www.ncl.com/world-points

I had read 40,000 before and even the person I spoke to thought it was 40,000.  I pulled it on the internet and it was 30,000.  She said they change them all the time.