Camp Carnival

carnicrew

Thanks for all of this information.

We are considering a shorter cruise to make it through to our next cruise (can you tell we are addicted now to cruising:D )

Is the Camp the same set for for 4 or 5 day cruises, like that it starts the first night with babysitting at 10pm and works the same as the 7 day?

Thanks!!

Thanks for all of this information.

We are considering a shorter cruise to make it through to our next cruise (can you tell we are addicted now to cruising:D )

Is the Camp the same set for for 4 or 5 day cruises, like that it starts the first night with babysitting at 10pm and works the same as the 7 day?

Thanks!!

Yes camp works the same way on the 4 and 5 day cruises, most of the activities are basically the same, except of course that theres not enough time to do allll of the activities that may be on longer cruises. But all the really fun stuff gets squeezed in there!

Hey Carnicrew

Thanks for helping us here!!!!

I wonder....how does CC handle it when you leave your child on the ship and go off ship....

Do they have access to reaching a parent incase of emergency if we let them know where we were going?? We were hoping to get to Carlos and Charlies for a bit while in Cozumel....

This is our first cruise WITH our son (6yrs) and Im not 100% sure if Im comfortable leaving him on board while we go off, especially since we have to tender to/from now.... but I read about parents going on tours and leaving their kids at CC all the time.....

Is it generally safe and should all be okay????

Hey Carnicrew

Thanks for helping us here!!!!

I wonder....how does CC handle it when you leave your child on the ship and go off ship....

Do they have access to reaching a parent incase of emergency if we let them know where we were going?? We were hoping to get to Carlos and Charlies for a bit while in Cozumel....

This is our first cruise WITH our son (6yrs) and Im not 100% sure if Im comfortable leaving him on board while we go off, especially since we have to tender to/from now.... but I read about parents going on tours and leaving their kids at CC all the time.....

Is it generally safe and should all be okay????

We unfortunately don't have a way to contact you off the ship, the pager system we use for younger kids only works on board. In case of an emergency we do our best to take care of the child. If necessary we take them to the infirmary and leave a message for you on the A-pass system to let you know to contact us as soon as you get back on board.It is very safe to leave them in camp, many children get left with us, as the often enjoy camp more than shopping with mom and dad, or sightseeing!! Quite often when given the option kids choose camp over shore excursions! Sounds strange, but its true!! As soon as you do get back on board you should check in with your child though just in case they are ready to go. We recomend no more than 6 hours in camp at one time.

We unfortunately don't have a way to contact you off the ship, the pager system we use for younger kids only works on board. In case of an emergency we do our best to take care of the child. If necessary we take them to the infirmary and leave a message for you on the A-pass system to let you know to contact us as soon as you get back on board.It is very safe to leave them in camp, many children get left with us, as the often enjoy camp more than shopping with mom and dad, or sightseeing!! Quite often when given the option kids choose camp over shore excursions! Sounds strange, but its true!! As soon as you do get back on board you should check in with your child though just in case they are ready to go. We recomend no more than 6 hours in camp at one time.

Thats great!!! I hear wonderful things about CC but was wondering how that worked.....I guess we will know more once we get on board how he will feel in camp...Im sure he will LOVE it and will beg us to leave him there vs go on land for (boring) shopping etc... ;)

Thanks so much!!! :)

Carnicrew...Thank you so much for all of your advise. My oldest dd loved camp when we were on the Valor last May. My youngest did not, but I am sure she will on our next cruise as she will be 6. My oldest dd will be 12, is there anything special that I can tell her to look forward to?

Thanks Carnicrew for the info. We are on the Inspiration on 2/27 with our 10 yr old dau. Her 2nd, on her 1st on the Wonder, she did not want to part in the kids program. She is looking forward to CC espec what she has seen of it on line. If the couns are like you, I know she will have a great time.

Carnicrew...Thank you so much for all of your advise. My oldest dd loved camp when we were on the Valor last May. My youngest did not, but I am sure she will on our next cruise as she will be 6. My oldest dd will be 12, is there anything special that I can tell her to look forward to?

Your daughter has a lot of fun things she can look forward to in the camp carnival program. Freedom being a big one!! She can have fun at the teens only discos, go on great ship-wide scavenger hunts, play water balloon games, have pizza and icecream hangouts with friends, stay up late, prize bingo, playroom invasions..and lots more. She will meet a lot of fun people to hang out with!! Your 6 year old will love all the fun activities in the 6-8 program as well.

P.S. One of my friends was a counselor on the valor last may, maybe your daughter remembers her. Delia from Romania, shes really great!!!

Your daughter has a lot of fun things she can look forward to in the camp carnival program. Freedom being a big one!! She can have fun at the teens only discos, go on great ship-wide scavenger hunts, play water balloon games, have pizza and icecream hangouts with friends, stay up late, prize bingo, playroom invasions..and lots more. She will meet a lot of fun people to hang out with!! Your 6 year old will love all the fun activities in the 6-8 program as well.

P.S. One of my friends was a counselor on the valor last may, maybe your daughter remembers her. Delia from Romania, shes really great!!!

Carnicrew...I remember her...she was awesome with the kids. Next time you talk to her tell her Aryn said hi.

Carnicrew...I remember her...she was awesome with the kids. Next time you talk to her tell her Aryn said hi.

That's cool that you remember her, she was my very first roomate when I started the whole ship thing, shes really great!

I just came from the Triumph ... Well you said your kids are 7 and 9??

Hello carnicrew, Just thought I would let you know that we were on your very last sailing on the Triumph from Jan 7-14. My kids had an awsome time and we wanted to thank you. Tyler and Jayde will be traveling again and looking for friendly faces again, Cant remember which of you were leaving but im sure we have your picture. Thanks again and are you going to a new ship now?:D

I just came from the Triumph ... Well you said your kids are 7 and 9??

Hello carnicrew, Just thought I would let you know that we were on your very last sailing on the Triumph from Jan 7-14. My kids had an awsome time and we wanted to thank you. Tyler and Jayde will be traveling again and looking for friendly faces again, Cant remember which of you were leaving but im sure we have your picture. Thanks again and are you going to a new ship now?:D

It was the last cruise for me (easy to spot-I have red hair!!I was with the 12-14 year olds for my last week and Philip was leaving with me-also easy to remember as there were only 2 guys!!) I leave home Saturday to go to the Spirit. Really looking forward to it!! Glad you enjoyed your last cruise!!!

Thanks for your help so far. Seeing that I am 18, should I tell the O2 director up front or just put my age down and see what happens?

You dont have to put your age down on anything for club o2...so unless you look much older than 17, or younger than 15, i'm not sure it will be questioned...No guarantees though... some o2 directors may be more strict

Carnicrew,

I read the Camp Carnival Capers somewhere on these boards and I noticed there is some kind of gameboy activity/event. My kids love gameboy. Could you explain the activity? Also, my younger son has a gameboy color (old fashioned gameboy). My older son thinks that younger son won't be able to participate in the event with his old fashioned gameboy? Any truth to that?

Thanks, Bookworm

Carnicrew,

I read the Camp Carnival Capers somewhere on these boards and I noticed there is some kind of gameboy activity/event. My kids love gameboy. Could you explain the activity? Also, my younger son has a gameboy color (old fashioned gameboy). My older son thinks that younger son won't be able to participate in the event with his old fashioned gameboy? Any truth to that?

Thanks, Bookworm

All it is is games boy time, we have playstation time, but there arent enough stations for everyone, so they take turns on the gameboys as well. Each ship has a few for renting and for use in camp. YOur son can definitly bring his own, just be sure he holds on tight, those things have a tendancy to go missing when a child puts them down with out thinking. Make sure his name is clearly marked on it. But it is a good idea to bring it along, especially for the initial trip TO the ship!!! ...Don't forget the charger!!!!

Alright, Well it has been fun answering all of your questions but Today is it for me. Tomorrow bright and early I leave for my next adventure on board the Carnival Spirit!!! So any final questions I may get a chance to answer them today! If not I hope to see you cruising soon!!!!!!!

Hi there! It may be too late, but if you're still around to read this, I'd like to ask if you think they would allow a 15 year old to participate in her brothers age group (he'll be 12) when we're on the Conquest this summer. She may not end up wanting to, but she has a few disabilities that make it hard for her to make friends (kids can be pretty cruel) so she would at least have a cohort if she were in her brothers group, if they'd let her. What do you think the chances would be of this? (her disabilities are visually and orthopedically impaired and are apparent to other kids when they see her, but do not require assistance from the counselors). Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this! She's had fun in the past on our 2 Carnival cruises, but as kids get older they seem to be more into being "cool" and appearing that way, so she ends up being more of a loner.

Well this may be getting myself in over my head, but I'm bored and love to hear questions and comments from cruisers. I am an employee of carnival. I work for Camp Carnival and would love to answer any questions you may have about the program. I have worked on 2 ships so far, and start my next in a week. So ask away!!

Thank you for your time in answering everyone's questions. My question to you is what activities are there to do for a 14 year old boy on the Miracle? Isn't he too old for Camp Carnival? He's now at the age where he doesn't want to hang out with his parents and wants to be independent, although he is somewhat shy So, I'm trying to find out things for him to do while on board the Miracle.

Our family loves cruising, this is my 6th cruises with Carnival and my son's 4th cruise.

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Carnicrew

Thanks SO much for sharing your experiences, knowlege and information here for us parents with questions.

We have just booked the Triumph for 12/2/06. Can you tell me about the safety procedures? We just sailed the Legend OTS (RCCL) with our 7-yr old son, and they required all children to wear a wristband with their muster station listed on it, and if they were in Adventure Ocean at the time of an emergency, they would be taken by the counselors to their muster station. We adults were advised to meet our children AT THE MUSTER STATION rather than go looking for the children. Does Camp Carnival do something similar?

Also, does the staff do any sort of "Dining with the Counselors"? We used this service aboard RCCL, and our son found it to be great fun, especially on nights he just didn't want to dine with us in the dining room.

Bless you one and all for providing such a valuable service to our children. It's a great reassurance knowing that the kids are so well cared-for. I know they have a ball. :)

Archived