Help mom with 14 yr old son - on Inspiration

perkyvi

First time this mom will be going alone on vac with 14yr old son - no husband to manage luggage etc... I booked 2/18 Inspiration (5-day), and am wondering about the activities for my son. He's very shy, so are there opportunities for him to have a good time even though he doesn't initiate social interactions? Also I'd be alone when he's in a teen program, so is there away I can hook up with similarly situated moms or such, so I won't be bored or lonely? Any advice on Carnival or this ship in particular for us? Dining, activities, etc??

Thanks!!!

First time this mom will be going alone on vac with 14yr old son - no husband to manage luggage etc... I booked 2/18 Inspiration (5-day), and am wondering about the activities for my son. He's very shy, so are there opportunities for him to have a good time even though he doesn't initiate social interactions? Also I'd be alone when he's in a teen program, so is there away I can hook up with similarly situated moms or such, so I won't be bored or lonely? Any advice on Carnival or this ship in particular for us? Dining, activities, etc??

Thanks!!!

You should read the camp carnival thread i have going... answers various questions about camp carnival for activities for your son

Thanks - I read the whole camp carnival thread. It sounds like my son will have some activities to join in the 13-15 age group. Do you know what the counselor to camper ratio for this group tends to be? Are the counselors good with drawing out kids and helping facilitate connections between campers?

Is there a person in charge of putting like-situated cruisers together, say for dinner? How do we communicate with the people on the roll call? Just email and express our interests?

Thanks to you all - I'm totally new at this!

Inspiration was me and my son's first cruise 2 years ago when he was 14 years old. We had a BLAST....She was a 7 day cruise back then, and although he did not participate in any of the Camp Carnival activities, he said it was the best vacation he had been on. We stuck together throughout the cruise, walking around the ship, playing chess, reading and relaxing. At night we went to the Karaoke bar and laughed till we cried watching people sing.

Within a month after our Inspiration cruise, he asked me "do you think we can ever go on another cruise again"?. So, within a month of being back we booked Valor for the next year and are on Destiny this year. He didn't use the Camp Carnival on Valor last year either. I see my cruises as an opportunity to spend lots of time with my son.

Archived