Dutch Cafe Treat

billbunger

25 minutes ago, billbunger said:

For those who have been on the Koningsdam or Nieuw Statendam and enjoyed the Stroopwafels, be advised that our local favorite big box club store (Boxco) is now selling boxes of 30 Stroopwafels.

image.jpeg.359e25fad02ba41ec457b596c0f77b40.jpeg

We got a box of 40 at Costco!

• Like 1

OK, a recent stroopwafel story... from previously mentioned Cosco purchase.

I took a 10-pack to work and on day made a cup of coffee and placed stroopwafel on top to steam and warm up, getting gooey. I walked away from my desk and when I got back and reached for my coffee mug, the stroopwafel was gone! I looked around but not to be found. I ws sure I had not eaten it... maybe I was going crazy?!

So I took another one out and ate it unwarmed and ungooey. Then halfway through the cup of coffee I encountered a lump... the wafel had fallen into the coffee. The coffee and wafel did not go to waste. Was it a pleasant experience? Maybe. Was it a bad experience? Not at all. (I had no idea that it could fall in!)

Edited by Boytjie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The ones at Costco are ok. Just ok. For what you pay they are a great treat.  But they're not as good as the ones you can buy in World Market or online. Of course, nothing is as good as having one fresh made at a market in Holland....

My mom always would put her stroopwafel on top of her coffee a bit.  These ones from Costco benefit from that especially as the steam from the hot coffee (or tea) not only warms the treat but moistens it a bit also.

Enjoy everyone.