Bringing your own wine on board

CountessP

I keep hearing that there is no corkage fee in the restaurants with MSC cruises, which I think is great. My question is, does this mean I can bring several bottles of my own wine on board, carry one into the dining room each night, and drink from it to my hearts content?

I don't have to purchase my wine on board? Has anyone had problems with wine in their luggage? I'm talking about security. I've seen a lot of cruise companies take any kind of booze away from people, so I'm a bit surprised that MSC would allow you to bring it on board. Appreciate any info. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
from it to my hearts content?

I don't have to purchase my wine on board? Has anyone had problems with wine in their luggage? I'm talking about security. I've seen a lot of cruise companies take any kind of booze away from people, so I'm a bit surprised that MSC would allow you to bring it on board. Appreciate any info. Thanks!

i don't think that msc will have anything against you brining your own bottles on board.

last year some friends of ours took 3-4 bottles of coke with them on board....no problem

Forget the smarta** comment posted earlier.

Ive sailed MSC and had no problem with wine in my checked in luggage. I don't think it would be the thing though to take it to the dining room.

Besides, last year half a carafe of the house wine was only 6€ !! A deal.

We brought some wine with us as did a friend. Though we were perfectly prepared to and happy to pay a corkage fee, none was required. Our waiter couldn't have been more gracious. There is nothing wrong with bringing some special wine aboard. And yes, we also purchased some of their house wine which was quite decent, and still $6 per half carafe.

Archived