can we swim with stingrays AND cave-tube???

bevo

We will be in Belize March 14th from 6:30 am to 6 pm. They cancelled our Grand Cayman stop and that is where we were going to get to see the stingrays. We did this several years ago and it was a real highlight. We are going with friends that have not swam with stingrays, and are very disappointed that we won't get to do it in GC. We would just go ahead and do it in belize, but seems everyone is raving about the cave tubing. Can we do both without wearing the kids out? Or maybe I should worry more about wearing the adults out! :)

We will also stop in Majahual, Playa and Cozumel, but I don't think any of them have cave tubing or stingrays, do they?

Please advise asap!

bev

My DH and I stayed in Tulum last year which is about half an hour (If I remember correctly) south of Playa and we did an AWESOME tour that wasn't cave TUBING, but SNORKELING. They also fed us delicious food and took us kayaking/snorkeling out on the reef. It was fun, I'm going to be on the same cruise March 4, and have considered doing this again, but it is a little pricey (but worth it) and since we've already done it I don't know if we will do it again. Check it out though

Actually, I just looked at it and it might go a little late for getting back to your cruise (5pm). It doesn't look like they cater to cruises, but maybe they have some kind of shorter tour.

In Belize it's just not possible to combine cave tubing with a snorkeling trip....the cave tubing is inland in the rain forest region about a one hr plus drive from the tender docks....Most of the snorkeling that I am familiar with is off shore in the reef areas around the cayes....again some distance away by boat.

I have done both and loved both excursions....the solution is a second trip to Belize! You won't be disappointed whichever you choose.

Archived