RCI e-mail - no more South Beach Beach Bed on Coco Cay

shoegal24

Has anyone else received an e-mail like this from Royal Caribbean? I was looking forward to my South Beach beach bed this October. We were there 2 years ago and loved the location. 

Does anyone have any info on the Breeze Bay beds? How is the location compared to South Beach? 

Thanks!

Dear Guest,

Can’t wait for you to experience everything our private island, Perfect Day at CocoCay, has to offer. Before you arrive, we have some info to share about your South Beach Full-Day Beach Bed.

Prior to the grand opening of Coco Beach Club and our reimagined South Beach area, our plan was to add a few additional beach beds. However, we quickly realized we could not accommodate that many beach beds without making it too crowded. So instead, we created a new venue now known as Breezy Bay at Chill Island to better accommodate you and your party. Minor location change – still an awesome day at the beach you were looking forward to.

This means your Full-Day Beach Bed will be waiting for you at the new Breezy Bay, instead of South Beach. And good news, you’ll still receive all the same amenities! Plus, you’ll have a wonderful view of the first-ever over water cabanas in the Bahamas! We can’t wait for you to relax in comfort, feeling the soothing ocean breeze, soaking up the sun, while watching the waves gently roll in. It’s truly amazing.

Thanks for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you onboard and if you want to learn more about Perfect Day at CocoCay, visit our website here.

See you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Yes, we received this email this morning and we leave Friday. Don’t agree with their assessment that the view overlooking the over the water cabanas is going to be great. Disappointed! It still shows as South Beach Bed in our planner, so it wasn’t switched like the other poster suggested. 

I have the same problem.  Booked in December, noticed the location change right after Coco beach club opened, called, got no where.  Canceled bed (do not like new location AT ALL) and booked extremely overpriced beach club tickets.  Lo and behold, South Beach beds show up again.

Re book SB.  Cancel beach club.  Get email this morning.  Aaarrgh!  

Called again and they are confused as usual.  As of right now, my planner  shows the SB location.  We sail Friday.  

Any suggestions what to do if we get there and they truly have moved us to look at the backside of a bunch of overwater cabanas?  Or even a contact who may be familiar with this issue?

Edited by dramamommao
Spelling

I was supposed to have a South Beach bed right after South Beach and Coco Beach Club were scheduled to open.  I think it was Feb. 4.  The South Beach beds weren't ready yet, and we didn't find this out until we got there and were redirected to the area that is now called Breezy Bay (it wasn't called that then).  We complained to the Shorex desk, but as noted above they are clueless.  I should add, we were NOT looking for a refund, we just wanted to know why we were sold something that didn't exist.  I wonder if the removal of South Beach beds from the cruise planner, and switch to Breezy Bay, was because of complaints like this.  I know we were not the only people who had this happen.  Now the South Beach beds presumably are open (they looked very close to being ready when we were there), but they are few and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they get overbooked.

We did enjoy our time at Breezy Bay, actually, once we got over our initial disappointment.  It was not as quiet as South Beach, but not too bad.  You can see the over water cabanas from there, but they aren't directly in front of you blocking the view.

If both south beach and breezy bay beds are sold out is chill island worth it? there are two ships that day so I assume that part will be crowded but is it overrun? We have a group of 7 and so I just want to make sure we'll all have chairs together without having to rush off ship, particularly as we are the second ship to arrive. We do like to snorkel so that will be a plus I guess.