Cozumel

AllieNJ3

First post here, so sorry if this has been asked before. What is the status of Carnival ships going to Cozumel? I've read that they aren't going there or that they are but are tendering. I am booked on the victory in May and wondering. Our TA asked Carnival last week and was told that they are docking in Cozumel. But just read another post on one of these boards that made it sound like ships were going to Costa Maya instead.

Thanks!

First post here, so sorry if this has been asked before. What is the status of Carnival ships going to Cozumel? I've read that they aren't going there or that they are but are tendering. I am booked on the victory in May and wondering. Our TA asked Carnival last week and was told that they are docking in Cozumel. But just read another post on one of these boards that made it sound like ships were going to Costa Maya instead.

Thanks!

Some ships have returned to cozumel, while others have not yet attempted. There is as of right now no dock to speak of...its mostly under water still, just ruins!! The ships that have returned have been tendering and therefore can not stay as long in port as they may have been scheduled for!!

Thanks!

Until recently, we were sailing on the 4/23 sailing of the Victory. We had already been advised by Carnival that we would be going to Costa Maya instead of Cozumel. They may not have made a decision for sailings in May yet.

Allie,

Welcome to the boards! :)

What ship are you going on? This would help us to help you where you will most likely end up, based on where that ship has recently been going.

I was just in Cozumel and we tendered in. Estimates are that it will take 18-24 months to rebuild the piers in Cozumel. I felt that the tendering process was fairly painless...very easy to get off and then just a bit of waiting when it was time to get back on the ship.

You'll have a great time no matter where you go! :D

Archived