Best Buffet with Complimentary SUSHI on a Cruise Ship.

On 2/28/2020 at 6:38 AM, lyndarra said:

I noticed that on my last two Solstice cruises. Very few people seemed to be using it. I don't know if it was due to quality or just that not many people, like me, are into sushi. I suspect the latter.

The price was too expensive for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GCHAN said:

The price was too expensive for me.

Specialty Sushi..I feel gauged when they charge $10 for 6 small pieces of Sushi.

Now all u-can eat Sushi Buffet ON LAND i am happy to pay $20 - $35 per person walk away happy.

On a Cruise I will try very hard to go on Holland America Line or Cunard with complementary Sushi on their buffet.

Edited by amatuercruiser

1 hour ago, amatuercruiser said:

Specialty Sushi..I feel gauged when they charge $10 for 6 small pieces of Sushi.

Now all u-can eat Sushi Buffet ON LAND i am happy to pay $20 - $35 per person walk away happy.

On a Cruise I will try very hard to go on Holland America Line or Cunard with complementary Sushi on their buffet.

I thought the Sushi was fine on the Rotterdam. they also had some really nice Asian meals from the same service area. HAL are my favourite cruise line.

Thank you for contacting the Royal Caribbean cruise admin team.

Please, accept our most sincere apologies for the delay in our response.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you today. Regarding your inquiry, we do have complementary sushi in our buffet area (OceanView Café). This bar is open daily from 5:30 - 9:30 pm. Once onboard you can ask for it. Also, there is a special restaurant "Sushi on Five", this restaurant is Ala carte menu, so you can choose your favorite sushi (prices can vary).

I hope this information helps. Should you have further queries, do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Manuel  Ceron
Cruise Admin. Department

• 1 year later...
53 minutes ago, amatuercruiser said:

With the Cruise ship industry gently starting up again. Does any one lucky enough to go cruising have any update on complimentary Sushi availability at the Buffet?

What sort of sushi do you eat? Hand roll? sashimi? Tuna? salmon? chicken teriyaki roll?

I think the way the buffets operate will change with covid-safe practices in future but I can see no reason why they would stop serving sushi - it will probably have to be served by someone behind a counter though.

3 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

What sort of sushi do you eat? Hand roll? sashimi? Tuna? salmon? chicken teriyaki roll?

I

I like Sushi, , basically any type.Here in the Philippines we get a lot of Yellow Fin Tuna at the Fish Markets. Which I eat as Sushi on Japanese rice.

But I am not super fussy. I am sort of happy to eat any type of Japanese raw fish or seafood.

My main happiness is sort of being a "kid in a candy store" at the buffet and being able to eat as much of this delicacy as I want. Especially if i am on holiday.

20 hours ago, amatuercruiser said:

I like Sushi, , basically any type.Here in the Philippines we get a lot of Yellow Fin Tuna at the Fish Markets. Which I eat as Sushi on Japanese rice.

But I am not super fussy. I am sort of happy to eat any type of Japanese raw fish or seafood.

My main happiness is sort of being a "kid in a candy store" at the buffet and being able to eat as much of this delicacy as I want. Especially if i am on holiday.

I'm a raw fish sushi person, too. Don't eat much rice - too many carbs! I found the Cunard sushi section of their buffet was pretty good. I've sailed on Crystal, too but I don't recall seeing sushi at the buffet - they do however have a Nobu on board which every passenger (in a regular cabin) is entitled to visit once a week. Very good Japanese there. I didn't like their western food as much as other lines though. 

On 2/29/2020 at 12:29 PM, amatuercruiser said:

Cruise Lines I do not know about having Sushi on Buffet..

Carnival? (Possibly)

P&O?

Royal Caribbean Line?

Cunard?

Princess? Have sent email asking.

Carnival - not complimentary as they have a great sushi restaurant

P&O Aus ?
Royal Carribean - not complimentary as they have a great sushi restaurant

Cunard - ?
Princess - only sometimes, I think.

Hope this helps some.

Edited by Porky55