Best time NYC pier?

LuvTheSea14

If you would like to spend the day, go early. From our last cruise on the victory last july. We got there at 1pm. There was a little wait. It probably took about 1/2 hour until we got to our room. We did notice that people boarded as early as 11am.

We were in the city over the weekend to see the Queen Mary. The Zenith was also in. I did notice many cabs until about 10:00 getting all of the passengers off. Then I saw a ton of cars(dropping the next passengers off at 1:30pm. It seemed like that was a busy time for drop offs.

We are goin in August and are planning on arriving at the pier around 10:30-11am.

Have a great time.

I beleive the USS Intrepid Museum is nearby. We plan on checking our luggage at the pier early, 10ish, then going to see the museum for a couple of hours -----then hopfully on board by noon enjoying our first Carribean Breeze !

Carnival Destiny 4/00

Carnival Victory 4/02

Carnival Legend 5/7/04

till our next cruise on the Legend

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;7;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hiya Granny Pat,

Which Legend cruise out of NY are you taking?

Someone mentioned checking your luggage and then going to a museum? Is that true? Can you check your luggage then leave? Does checking your luggage also include processing all the paperwork too? (sign-n-sail, birth certificate)

I'm wondering this because we probably will get there early and have to sit around waiting.

When we left from the port of Miami, you check your luggage OUTSIDE the terminal,at the pier, then go in the terminal to be processed, and board the ship. I'm hoping the process will be the same in NYC

Carnival Destiny 4/00

Carnival Victory 4/02

Carnival Legend 5/7/04

till our next cruise on the Legend

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;7;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We are leaving on the Legend on Thursday and hoping to get to the pier about 11:30 ish. The museum is right at the pier and a nice walk if the weather is good. Your lugggage is checked at the curb but your carryon stuff would be with you.

A tip for getting dropped of at the dock in NYC. Traffic, especially on a day when a few ships are leaving, can be very heavy going up to the dock. traffic enters on the downtown side of 12th (dock side). It backs up terribly. Get dropped off on the uptown side of the street and walk across the street. Traffic is lighter on that side. You will save yourself a lot of time!!

<html>

<head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<font color="#FF0000">Grand Princess 2-2001</font>

<font color="#0000FF">Grand Princess 12-2001</font>

<font color="#FF8000">Carnival Paradise 3-2002</font>

<font color="#FF00FF">Carnival Destiny 10-2002</font>

<font color="#008000">Golden Princess 10-2003</font>

<font color="#0000A0">Carnival Legend 6-8-2004</font>

dice.gif