confuse-gumbalimba

hunter45

I am confused by answers to lynninsc concerning gumbalimba. If we are on cruise and planning on touring island by ourselves w/o cruise expedition and would like to see the park for sure-do we lie and say we are from hotel, do we identify as being from cruise and take our chances of them letting us in-how do we make sure we can see park-we don't care if it is same price through the cruise-we want to explore on our own and hit other attractions. Thanks

Last March, my wife and I tried to enter on our own. It was towards the end of our day and we had already seen much of the Island on a scooter and decided to go to the park. We parked the scooter and started walking toward the beach but were nabbed before we got very far. The security people were very nice and in some form told us it was a private party and we couldn't enter. Even with our ship's ID etc. it was no use. We gave in, hopped on our scooter and headed for another part of the beach to enjoy the rest of our day. We had a great day in spite of the expected rejection. We're heading back in March to spend a week and plan to go to the park on a non ship day.

Mac

Archived