Guiness Record Certificate

lkclossen

16 hours ago, lkclossen said:

Anyone able to send for the certificate from Guiness for breakng the vow renewal record on February 11, 2020?  I can't get passed choosing what country it happened in.  At sea is not an option.

I found the same situation.  There wasn't any option that would be appropriate for all three ships.

Additionally, the certificate sent by Princess isn't very impressive.  What would have been nice was to have Gavin and Jill's signatures as Captain Stubing and Vickie.  They also could send a link so we could download a video of the ceremony, which they might do and hopefully without a cost.  A lot of us took this additional voyage because of the vow renewal with the Love Boat Captain.

So far we only have the great memory of the event, nothing from Guinness and an unimpressive certificate and that's it.

I think at sea counts as whatever country the ship is registered in?

It all comes down to the laws of the country where the ship is registered. Bermuda, Malta, the Marshall Islands, and the Bahamas give their blessing to captains marrying couples at sea. But these ceremonies aren’t as spontaneous as the movies and TV would suggest. They must be arranged well in advance, and couples need to obtain marriage licenses. Currently, captains legally officiate on Princess Cruises and Cunard Line, whose ships are registered in Bermuda, and on Celebrity Cruises, whose ships are flagged in Malta. (Some other lines that are legally able to offer this service choose not to.)

https://www.afar.com/magazine/so-you-want-to-get-married-on-a-cruise

I ordered mine on February 28th.  I also had many issuing trying to get the form to come up.  I think the key is to create an account with Guinness first.  Also the website is not mobile friendly so use a computer or a laptop.  After registering click on Products, Guinness World Record Store, certificates, add to basket (Certificate of Participation), enter Feb 11 and United States.  The event should be listed and click continue.  From there just enter your names and add to basket.  

The total cost is $40.60. ($25 Certificate, 15.60 shipping from the U.K.)

I don't believe we broke any records but rather created a new one under multiple venues.

Guinness basket.png

Multiple venues.png

• Like 1