FLL Hotel reco

MrSchwump

In the past, we’ve stayed at the Rodeway Inn or Ramada on highway 84 just west of the airport. The have free shuttles, breakfast and a pool. Nice places but not fancy. Kind of out in the boondocks. We’ve taken an Uber to the beach before from there for something to do.

This year we tried the Fala Hotel, a small (12 rooms?) on Seville St, just off A1A half a block north of the Ritz Carlton.

They don’t offer shuttle service, but Uber service from the airport was about $18.00. Lately we’ve been Ubering to Port Everglades anyway to beat the crowds, so price wise it was about even with the 2 aforementioned properties.  The better location makes it a winner IMO.

It’s close to bars, restaurants, shops, liquor stores and pharmacies.  We were able to enjoy walking along the malecon and being this close to the beach made us feel like we were getting a jump on our vacation!

The room was clean, comfortable and newly renovated. It had everything we needed. I’d definitely stay there again!

• 1 month later...

We are booked at the Ramada in Jan. I read there isn't much around there but the shuttle can take me to the mall. Is this true? I can take Lyft but I will need to find a store for pop (yep that's what we call it in MN) and wine. TIA