The Best MSC Meraviglia Balcony Cabins: a few tips

elbodans

Hey all! Me again, just off the MSC Meraviglia last month and brimming with helpful information to share as a thank you to those of you who answered *my* questions as I prepared for my first sailing on MSC. 

Like many of you, I discovered that not all Meraviglia balcony cabins are created equal--some are created better! I had the luck to be able to book one of the Fantastica balcony cabins with extra space, so I made a little video of the cabin and the balcony. And then I looked at the deck plans and listed all of the similar cabins between decks 9 and 13. All of that can be found here on my ad-free blog: http://www.suitcasescholar.com/2020/03/04/the-best-balcony-cabins-on-the-msc-meraviglia/

Note that this is just a hobby blog--it is not monteized and it is not my job (I'm an instructional designer by trade.) I simply create this content to help others have a better travel experience. I hope someone finds it helpful! Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JP82 said:

I have deck 13, 13103 for myself and 13092 for the other half of my family. All Fantastica. Are we screwed? You mention the overhang.

Are you screwed? Definitely not. Your balcony will be a bit shadier, and there will be a metal support sticking out of the SIDE of your balcony area--but it won't really obstruct your view. If anything, I'd think it would make the balcony feel more private. 

• Like 1

Aft balcony cabins also offer a larger balcony! They are also Fantastica category. We are on deck 11 in an upcoming cruise. Balcony is 7.75mq. (85 sf). Same price as any Fantastica cabin, so important to check the deck plan when you are booking. Other cruise lines charge a premium for aft cabins.

Great topic, by the way! Hope you enjoyed Meraviglia. When I was booking I also noticed some of the cabins near the panoramic elevator(s), on the side , are larger. I  don't know if there is only one or one on each side😜. I didn't check the cabins listed to see if those were included.  I haven't seen any in person but if you have concerns about privacy I think that it's very possible people can see you from the elevator. elbodans, or someone who has been on board may be able to advise on that.