Cuba Credit

kstew42

Last summer, my husband and I were supposed to go to Cuba but that itinerary got moved to the Bahamas due to travel restrictions. Norwegian said they were going to give 50% of our cruise fare as future cruise credit. Well, we booked a cruise to Alaska on the Joy for our fifth anniversary for July. I was able to call and have them apply the credit to my trip, but they say they can't find one for my husband, even though we were on the same reservation in the same room. I contacted customer service but they said 4-6 weeks for resolution. Has anyone else dealt with this, or had their Cuba credit missing? And if so, has it been fixed? We booked this specific trip because we had some credit to make the cruise more in our budget. 😭

You don't mention the date of your cruise last year. A friend and I had the  same situation last year and our cruise was in June. As a coincidence we booked the same cruise on the Joy but for October of this year. We had a year from  the date of the cruise to book the new cruise and I took advantage of the cyber Monday deals to book it. I noticed that the numbers were not right and it was because they didn't find and apply the credit from my friend. It didn't come automatically and they had to look for it. I hope you have your documentation  with the guests and the fares paid  to prove it. If your booking was for the summer or later you have enough time to receive the resolution (credit) and apply it to book your cruise. Good luck and Happy Anniversary.

Same thing happened to me. The problem turned out to be that the latitude number associated to my husband on my Alaska cruise was wrong. So check that out. ( I pulled up my old confirmation for Cuba and it showed the latitude number associated with each passenger. You can compare this to the confirmation for your new reservation). NCL was able to easily fix this for me and we got both credits applied. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, that was the problem, they responded to me today and it was all sorted out! We used a travel agent, do she made a new latitudes number for him, but mine linked. We for it resolved and it was super easy, once I got in touch with NCL! 🙂