Inside Cabins On Summit

trustee55

Hi!

Has anyone ever sailed in an inside cabin on the Summit?

Do you have room to move around or do you feel boxed in?

Has anyone who has booked this category ever received an upgrade?

Let me know your thoughts,

Happy sailing,

Carol Ann

The inside cabins on Summit are the same size as the Ocean View Saterooms, and the 2A, 2B, and 2C cabins (not including the veranda). So you will have 170 sq. ft. of room.

Although some folks do get upgrades, I never have. So, if I were you, I would book the category room you will be satisfied with.:)

I haven't been on the Summit but I have had inside cabins on the Infinity and the Millennium which are exactly the same . As indicated, the inside cabins are the same size as standard outside cabins. You should not feel any more boxed in with the inside cabin than any other standard size cabin. If you need a lot of space you might need to upgrade to some sort of suite.

We've only cruised in Sky Suites on the Summit...verandas on the Constellation...but we've cruised in an inside on the Millennium...and those ships are all peretty much identical...

The inside cabins on those M-Class ships, as others have said, are the identical size as the window cabins (absent the window) and even the 2C balcony cabins (absent the balcony)...They are far more spacious than the inside cabins on a lot of ships (we booked an inside guaranty for the upcoming RCCL Monarch of the Seas--and those are only 116 square feet!! So, picture the 170 you get on the M-Class...)...

When we did the Millie inside, we had booked the lowest category on a "guarantee" and were upgraded several categories to the highest cat inside--but still not to an outside or balcony...The effect of that is that we were on Deck 8 rather than a low deck, so the location--midship 8--was great, but the cabin itself is the same--and the view from any inside cabin, regardless of location, is identical...

Personally, though I have often cruised in Suites and balconies, I have no problem with an inside cabin...It all depends how you use the cabin...If you only use it, basically, to sleep, use the bathroom and change clothes, it works just as well as any other...All of the cabins eat in the same dining room, see the same shows and visit the same ports...You just get to save a whole lot of money...

Good luck...

Archived