Cancellation Cruise Credit

I cancelled our March 28 cruise today given the option from Carnival. 😞  I was told I have 75% $1224 in future cruise credit. The rest should be returned to my credit card.   My TA didn't really know when the cruise credit would be available...today, next week, or month to rebook another cruise in the future.  (Understandably as our TA was overwhelmed with cancellation calls).  My booking is no longer on Carnival's website. Does anyone know if I should expect an email or posting on Carnival's website when the credit is ready for use?  I'm hoping to rebook soon, it might take the sting off cancelling. 

3 hours ago, OhioScubaGirl said:

I cancelled our March 28 cruise today given the option from Carnival. 😞  I was told I have 75% $1224 in future cruise credit. The rest should be returned to my credit card.   My TA didn't really know when the cruise credit would be available...today, next week, or month to rebook another cruise in the future.  (Understandably as our TA was overwhelmed with cancellation calls).  My booking is no longer on Carnival's website. Does anyone know if I should expect an email or posting on Carnival's website when the credit is ready for use?  I'm hoping to rebook soon, it might take the sting off cancelling. 

3 hours ago, OhioScubaGirl said:

I called Carnival today to cancel my April 4th sailing and reschedule it to July 25th. The new cancellation policy is very confusing but I will try to explain it as understand it. Because your cruise was within the 29 days to cruising time period your cancellation penalty was 75% of your cruise fare, that is the $1224 that is now a FCC for you. You may not get a formal confirmation or invoice but I am confident it is your account when you are ready to rebook. Mine showed up in my invoice for the new cruise as a credit because I rebooked at the same time. 

The balance of your cruise fare and taxes plus any pre-paid gratuities, shore excursions and any other pre-purchased items for your cancelled cruise will be refunded to your credit card. All the extras are cancelled and refunded automatically when you cancelled the cruise. It should take 5 to 10 days to show up in your credit card account. I hope this helps, my cancellation and rebooking turned out even better than I expected, feeling pretty good  about Carnival right now!  

5 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

I called Carnival today to cancel my April 4th sailing and reschedule it to July 25th. The new cancellation policy is very confusing but I will try to explain it as understand it. Because your cruise was within the 29 days to cruising time period your cancellation penalty was 75% of your cruise fare, that is the $1224 that is now a FCC for you. You may not get a formal confirmation or invoice but I am confident it is your account when you are ready to rebook. Mine showed up in my invoice for the new cruise as a credit because I rebooked at the same time. 

The balance of your cruise fare and taxes plus any pre-paid gratuities, shore excursions and any other pre-purchased items for your cancelled cruise will be refunded to your credit card. All the extras are cancelled and refunded automatically when you cancelled the cruise. It should take 5 to 10 days to show up in your credit card account. I hope this helps, my cancellation and rebooking turned out even better than I expected, feeling pretty good  about Carnival right now!  

Quick question for you...we are in the 50% loss of cost for another few days (April 18th sailing) So, do we get 50% of the cost of the cruise towards a future cruise, and 50% returned to us?  Thanks, I appreciate your posting, as we are trying to decide to sail or rebook.  

27 minutes ago, Derbie said:

Quick question for you...we are in the 50% loss of cost for another few days (April 18th sailing) So, do we get 50% of the cost of the cruise towards a future cruise, and 50% returned to us?  Thanks, I appreciate your posting, as we are trying to decide to sail or rebook.  

That is correct. I believe the taxes and fees are returned to the CC as well. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, layteacher said:

sorry i dont have an answer, but trying to understand the cancellation policy. Did you have the carnival insurance? 

No, I didn’t. Carnival announced yesterday that they will allow guests to cancel their spring cruise  for future cruise credit.  If we decided to continue, we would have gotten $150 OBC.  This link explains the policy. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-carnival-cruise-offer-onboard-credit-keep-booking-2020-3%3Famp

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Derbie said:

Yes, that is correct, 50% of the cruise fare will be a future cruise credit, port fees and pre paid gratuities will be refunded to your CC along with the other 50% of your cruise fare. You will have to pay the deposit for the new cruise at the time of booking with your CC but you will have your refund to cover it. I know it is confusing but it does work out well in the end.