Anyone want to help me pick a cruise for December to replace our 3/14 Escape trip that we aren't taking?

First time cruisers here.  We have two teenagers who are currently 14 and 18.  They were super excited for the Escape.  We had cabins in the Haven which I was super excited about! We were all excited about the Western Caribbean ports.  Looking for a cruise for Winter break to replace this one.  Escape will be in dry dock.  We want a boat that is similar.  Getaway has a cruise from NY to Florida and Bahamas.  Epic has one from San Juan to Southern Caribbean.  The Getaway has more at sea days.  Not actually sure if that is good or bad.  Seems like there is so much to do on the ships!  Trying to keep costs similar to the FCC we will have and the Western Caribbean cruises in December right now are about 25% more than what we paid but the other two are similar to what we paid.  My other question is, will the prices go down or up?  I'm afraid that so much is already booked for December and on Tuesday, when everyone who doesn't want to go now gets their credit, will everyone be rebooking right away or waiting?  That will affect pricing.  Any help would be appreciated.

23 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

Have you looked at the Joy?  So much to keep 2 boys busy with.

Unless I am missing something (which is very possible) the Joy doesn't look like it is sailing the last 2 weeks of December.  BTW, its a boy and a girl FWIW

Edited by firstimerhaven

16 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

I am sailing on The Bliss out of Los Angeles 7 day Mexican Riviera over Christmas.  Christmas on a Norwegian cruise ship is a wonderful experience.  This will be my 3rd and I can not wait.

Sounds great, but coming from NY, I don't want to add a cross country flight to the trip.  That adds about $2,000 plus 2 days to the vacation for us. Have fun!

Just now, firstimerhaven said:

Unless I am missing something (which is very possible) the Joy doesn't look like it is sailing the last 2 weeks of December.  

I sure hope it is, I'm booked on it! 😉😉

2 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

I sure hope it is, I'm booked on it! 😉😉

When I go to the NCL website and click on Joy and then click the View Cruises button, it shows the Joy in the Western Caribbean in December but when I click on View Dates and Prices it only shows the first 2 weeks of December.  What am I doing wrong?

Just now, firstimerhaven said:

When I go to the NCL website and click on Joy and then click the View Cruises button, it shows the Joy in the Western Caribbean in December but when I click on View Dates and Prices it only shows the first 2 weeks of December.  What am I doing wrong?

It should show you the 5 day and 7 day options. At bottom of the 7 day option should be a link that says see dates and pricing I believe.

5 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

It should show you the 5 day and 7 day options. At bottom of the 7 day option should be a link that says see dates and pricing I believe.

Now I see it!  It's about $1200 more than our current cruise and the other two I'm looking at.  But maybe prices will come down when everyone starts cancelling on Tuesday?

1 hour ago, firstimerhaven said:

Now I see it!  It's about $1200 more than our current cruise and the other two I'm looking at.  But maybe prices will come down when everyone starts cancelling on Tuesday?

Holiday sailings are unfortunately usually much more expensive.  Prices may come down but it's unlikely to drop much before final payment.  You can always keep checking to see if the price drops.

14 hours ago, firstimerhaven said:

First time cruisers here.  We have two teenagers who are currently 14 and 18.  They were super excited for the Escape.  We had cabins in the Haven which I was super excited about! We were all excited about the Western Caribbean ports.  Looking for a cruise for Winter break to replace this one.  Escape will be in dry dock.  We want a boat that is similar.  Getaway has a cruise from NY to Florida and Bahamas.  Epic has one from San Juan to Southern Caribbean.  The Getaway has more at sea days.  Not actually sure if that is good or bad.  Seems like there is so much to do on the ships!  Trying to keep costs similar to the FCC we will have and the Western Caribbean cruises in December right now are about 25% more than what we paid but the other two are similar to what we paid.  My other question is, will the prices go down or up?  I'm afraid that so much is already booked for December and on Tuesday, when everyone who doesn't want to go now gets their credit, will everyone be rebooking right away or waiting?  That will affect pricing.  Any help would be appreciated.

The Getaway would be most similar to the Escape if that matters to you.  The Epic wouldn't have The Waterfont (my favorite feature on the the Breakaway Class ships).

5 hours ago, ampc007 said:

where are you seeing that Escape will be in dry dock in December? we sail her during thanksgiving week. My understanding the dry dock will be october? 

You are correct.  My mistake.  It would cost us $1500 more right now for similar rooms.  Hoping to keep it to the price we currently have.  Of course, no idea what will happen to prices when we actually rebook. 

Looks like Escape, Joy, Epic and Getaway would all have similar activities and similar Haven accommodations and all have Caribbean cruises over Christmas week.