Swapping cabin (names) question

pjfnme

Hi guys.  Kind of a long story, but hopefully someone will be able to provide a little clarity on this for me.  I've tried to call Carnival, but with everything going on it's impossible to get through to them right now.  So, here's my potential dilemma. I booked two cabins for an upcoming European cruise in May.  One for myself and my DH and the other for our 20 yo daughter and her friend.  As neither our daughter or her friend were yet 21, we booked the cabins with myself and my daughter in an interior cabin and my DH and her friend in our suite.  I was originally planning to re-assign the cabin names once my daughter turned 21, however I was advised by my PVP at booking that I should wait and do it once on board - stating that if I moved my name from my booked cabin to my husband's that we would lose the offer and OBC that we booked the interior cabin under.   I decided to take her advice , but given the current situation with the European itineraries I'm wondering if I made the right decision.  My primary concern is what happens to the FCC if we end up cancelling/postponing our cruise to a future date or if we are awarded an FCC due to itinerary change.  Would the FCC have to be used by the persons assigned to the cabin?   Needless to say I would want the FCC for the suite to be under my and my DH's name.   Also, if I wanted to go ahead and swap the names on the cabins now, would it even be allowed since I have already made final payment? This is my 16th cruise with Carnival, but I've never had an issue such as this - I'm hoping that someone will be able to provide some insight.  Thank you!   

2 hours ago, pjfnme said:

Hi guys.  Kind of a long story, but hopefully someone will be able to provide a little clarity on this for me.  I've tried to call Carnival, but with everything going on it's impossible to get through to them right now.  So, here's my potential dilemma. I booked two cabins for an upcoming European cruise in May.  One for myself and my DH and the other for our 20 yo daughter and her friend.  As neither our daughter or her friend were yet 21, we booked the cabins with myself and my daughter in an interior cabin and my DH and her friend in our suite.  I was originally planning to re-assign the cabin names once my daughter turned 21, however I was advised by my PVP at booking that I should wait and do it once on board - stating that if I moved my name from my booked cabin to my husband's that we would lose the offer and OBC that we booked the interior cabin under.   I decided to take her advice , but given the current situation with the European itineraries I'm wondering if I made the right decision.  My primary concern is what happens to the FCC if we end up cancelling/postponing our cruise to a future date or if we are awarded an FCC due to itinerary change.  Would the FCC have to be used by the persons assigned to the cabin?   Needless to say I would want the FCC for the suite to be under my and my DH's name.   Also, if I wanted to go ahead and swap the names on the cabins now, would it even be allowed since I have already made final payment? This is my 16th cruise with Carnival, but I've never had an issue such as this - I'm hoping that someone will be able to provide some insight.  Thank you!   

We are in a similar situation this coming June and our long time PVP (19 years/15 cruise through her) advised me to do exactly what you were told.  I trust her and only book through her so we are going to wait until we board to do the switch.  Good luck