4th of July on board ship?

CaptainChuck

Does Celebrity offer any kind of 4th of July celebration on board? I know, of course, that the ship is not American registered and there will be an international clientele, but I suspect there will be a majority of Americans on board our Alaska cruise on the Summit. I'd love to watch fireworks off the deck but perhaps environmental or safety concerns make that impossible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CaptainChuck:

I'd love to watch fireworks off the deck but perhaps environmental or safety concerns make that impossible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be cool, but you may have to settle on making your own!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

If you are sailing close to a city on the night of the 4th, you might see some local fireworks, but don't count on anything from the cruise line. When I was on Seabourn a few years ago, we had a stop in St. Jean de Luz in France, and because it was the first time a cruise ship had ever stopped in their town, they had fireworks for us that evening. We pulled out of the port and anchored a little ways off shore and they put on quite a show.

Darcie

Last year, we were aboard Century, returning from Eastern Carribean. Friday July 4 was our 'at sea' day on the way back, one day before returning to Ft. Lauderdale.

Mid-day, there was a short parade around the pool deck, with live music by the band, led by the cruise director, wearing a big red, white, and blue Uncle Sam hat, and many other staffers in r,w &b as well. It was very festive and fun -- I took several photos.

You're right that the ship & crew are truly multi-national, but the parade was announced as a birthday celebration for the good ol' U. S. of A, along with the many USA citizens on board.

And -- right again - no fireworks!

Amazingly, we'll be on board again for the 4th this year in 2+ weeks, this time aboard Horizon sailing to Bermuda. And again, the 4th is an 'at sea' day, this time on the way out.

Maybe we'll try for 3 in a row next year!

I too was on the Century last July 4, but I missed the parade. The only fireworks I saw were after many libations in honor of our nation's independence. icon_biggrin.gif

JV The 4 stages of cruising: planning, anticipation, experience and reflection.

We were on Mercury in Alaska July 4 2001. We were in Ketchecan that day and they had a great small town 4th of July parade. Mercury and their entertain staff even furnished a float that the passengers really related to. We left port in the evening and saw some small local fireworks, but the ship apparently was not allowed to launch fireworks from their decks. (probably a good idea). I don't recall any other specific events, but the cruise was our first Celebrity and we have now been on 5 and have another booked.

Happy sails to you!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;1;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Century - E-Carib

Celebrity's stated policy is "nothing in the ocean" and that would obviously include fireworks.

Olympia - 6/68

Ecstasy - 10/93

Sensation - 5/94

Tropicale - 11/94

Soverign of the Seas - 5/96

Summit - 9/03

Zenith - 2/04

Constellation - 5/04

Summit - 10/04

Zenith - 1/05

Millenium - 10/05

Archived