Carnival Sale

gonetomaui99

I saw this offer in my email and ignored it..I didnt even open it up. Then I came on the boards here and read your posts. I have a deposit on an 8 day out of NYC for July 18th.. I booked the cruise at the NY Times travel show..I booked a ocean view and was upgraded to a verandah room on the verandah deck. Today, I called, after reading the posts and I was offered the Panorama deck. I declined that and they offered me an extended balcony instead on the verandah deck.. I took that. There were no shipboard credits to be had. I got cabin 7972 towards the aft..I could have had cabin 7161 forward..but I liked the proximity to the elevators. So I think Im a happy camper. I went from a 8F to a 8G. Can anyone tell me about the extended balcony..Did I make a good choice.. Im a first time cruiser... totally green here. Would you have gone to the Panorama deck instead?

Marge

Starz723

HI,

i am booked for july 10,2004 legend and i called my travel agent i am booked on a 4a guarantee and she said that she called carnival and since i have a cabin for 3 there is no upgrade or price drop . Does this sound right? i paid in full yesterday

thanks would appreciate some help

We are set to sail October 11 out of NYC on the Legend, we're taking my parents along on their first cruise. Dad won't fly so we're driving from Maine to NYC - it will be an adventure, I'm sure. Anyway, we have been booked for about 2 monts on an 8A guarantee. I noticed the sale and quickly called my TA on Tuesday, she said she would do what she could as I wanted to be as high up as possible and wanted to assigned rooms so I would be guaranteed they were adjoining. TA called me today, we have been upgraded from a balcony guarantee to 8I extended balcony adjoining rooms for the same price. This will be our 3rd Carnival cruise, last two were on the Victory - we're excited and most importantly, Mom and Dad are excited. Keep a positive attitude and call your TA if you are booked, great things can happen. When we first booked price was $1299 per adult and then noticed a price drop to $1099, and now we have that price and an extended balcony cabin - life is good! Can't wait to see the look on parents faces when they arrive at ship.

Faye, Ken and Brianna

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;6;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till the Legend Begins

Carnival Victory - 2/2003

Serenade of the Seas - 8/2003

Carnival Victory - 1/2004

Carnival Legend - 10/2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Starz723:

I got cabin 7972 towards the aft..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

??????

There is no such cabin # on the Legend.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

detroit100.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Perhaps something else in the works as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

Correction!!! Forgive my aging eyes..

I was moved to cabin 7279 extended balcony from 7262. I could have gone more forward to cabin 7161..I can still switch. I need a cabin with a convertible couch/bed for my son. Ive never cruised before in my life. So Im totally new to this. Is an extended balcony a big +?? Im with my SO & my son 11. We are sailing July 18 on the Legend.

Question to Veteran cruisers:..what would you do.. Stay put, go forward or go to Panorama deck. Not sure where they would place me on the Panorama, as I declined it. I still have time to switch.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Marge

Starz723

[This message was edited by Starz723 on 04-29-04 at 10:32 AM.]

Extended balconies are wonderful.

7161 actually looks to be closer to elevators than 7279, but not by much.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

detroit100.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Perhaps something else in the works as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

Vets:: should I stay put, or go forward?

I was thinking staying on the verandah deck better as their are only cabins above me.

Any other opinions..I have a few hours to make a change.

Thanks

Oh lookee..a clock

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MY VERY FIRST CRUISE EVER!!

On The Legend! E. Carribean

I cant Wait!

Marge

Starz723

I Called my TA late yesterday afternoon (wed.), who then talked to a "supervisor" at Carnival who offered me an upgrade from a 6A (OV on Deck 2 which I bought at $650) to an 8C for an additional $60/person. Told him I would call him back after I talked with the b/f, and within 5 minutes I called back and the deal had changed instead to an 8A. I chose to go with a guaranteed 8A instead of being assigned a specific cabin because my TA assured me I stand a very good chance of being upgraded. I'm wondering if I should call Carnival directly today to see if I can finagle some cruise credit or something, but I don't know quite how to word it.

Princess 6/96

Carnival Destiny 5/30/2004

Called my TA and was offered an upgrade to an 8I extended bal or stay at my current 8F and take a $165 reduction.

Of course I took the reduced price as I have two cabins next to each other. Taking the Dad along and it's his first time cruising.

Right now my Miracle cruise from NY is priced at $1055 for a catergory 8F. I think this is a great price and I'm watching for more reductions prior to my Aug 28th sailing.

Boy how I love crucon...

I have a question about this sale and booking through a TA. We are on the Conquest on 9/19 Balcony Guarantee (2 cabins) for $787 pp with $100.00 shipboard credit ($50/pp). When I called my TA regarding the Carnival sale, she told me that her rate was already cheaper than the Carnival sale rate and could offer no additional discounts. Does this sound right? If the rates go down for the public, shouldn't they also go down for the TA for the sale????? I really like this agent and am quite happy with the $787 fare, however I am a first time cruiser and would like be reassured that I am getting the best deal for me icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;19;11;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Girls Only Conquest!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;2;12;11;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Sensation Family Cruise

One more thing... I have a $100.00 off per cabin certificate that my TA says I can't use for my reservation. Could I use this with the 1 day sale fare and get a lower price?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;19;11;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Girls Only Conquest!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;2;12;11;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Sensation Family Cruise

I booked a 1A gaurentee for my Elation cruise in Aug....during the time I was thinking about it the price went up...shame on me...but it was a good price anyway...

Well today I looked at carnival and they had not dropped the price....but BPC had....so w/ some info from a post I called carnival and they upgraded me to a 5A.....I am so excited!!!!

She even let me choose on a cabin and let me get one on the upper deck........

I can't wait!!!!

trsih

puppy_tea_e0.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;8;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

till the ELATION on Margaret's 21st B-day

Please remember...you are not allowed to post TA names or contact info here. Thanks!

Kristi - Atom.gif

"No shoes, no shirt, no problem..."

Fantasy 3/95, Fascination 12/01, Conquest 1/03, Glory 9/03, Conquest 1/04, Mariner 9/04, Miracle 2/05

Debra,

Hello from right down the road in Hopkinsville, KY

Thought I was the only one around that "hit" these boards!

By the way, we are sailing the Sensation in October!

Small world, huh?

Ted

Time to go "cruise-shopping" again!

Ted,

Since I booked our cruise, I can't seem to stay away from the boards icon_smile.gif You are right! We are practically next door neighbors. We are up that way often, our son races MotoX in Crofton! We are booked on the Sensation for 2/12/05. Can't wait!!!

Debra

Girls Only Conquest!

Sensation Family Cruise

Most of these '1 day sales' are for 'new' bookings, however if you have a cruise booked, shipboard credits or upgrades are possible.

I've seen some nice prices on this thread, so don't be disappointed if you can't get $$$ back.

Having a cheaper price already without the 'sale' shows that you've done your homework and already have the best available price.

Check just before sailing to make sure they don't throw up a cheap price to try to sell-out the cruise! icon_biggrin.gif

I married my best friend in OchoRios, April 22!

odie_anm.gif

Triumph 4/04

Imagination 5/00

OceanBreeze 11/96

USS 'Neversail' SanDiego 10/65

Archived