NCL Peace of Mind

c breeze

NCL Peace of Mind - This is by far the best policy of any of the cruise lines I have checked.  We have sailed NCL many times in the past, and will be loyal to them for future booking because of their being proactive and generous with the length of time to use the credit, as well as the window of previously booked cruises that the policy will apply to.  Kudos to NCL! This is an incredibly difficult time for the cruise industry, and they are to be commended for this.

• Like 1

I'm a little disappointed that they are only extending final payment dates for cruises through July. We are cruising in August and while I still am hoping that we'll be able to go, I would much rather not make final payment next month when so much is up in the air.

• Like 1

please do not put any more money into ncl because not only are they going to keep my money for the cruise cancellation because my cruise was scheduled 1 day before their peace of mind canc ellation policy came out ,but not only missing it by 1 day ,they are keeping my hotel and transfers ,my excursions,my extra money for internet ,my money toward bottles of water .my taxes .Plus they wrote back and said they will not make any exceptions for me or others .So there should be compromising but there not .if you write to the ceo now about that it is considered a state of emergency but he has an extended away e mail with customer service e mail .they are getting so many cancellations ,they are not answering now. so do not give them any more money

13 minutes ago, Eagle y said:

please do not put any more money into ncl because not only are they going to keep my money for the cruise cancellation because my cruise was scheduled 1 day before their peace of mind canc ellation policy came out ,but not only missing it by 1 day ,they are keeping my hotel and transfers ,my excursions,my extra money for internet ,my money toward bottles of water .my taxes .Plus they wrote back and said they will not make any exceptions for me or others .So there should be compromising but there not .if you write to the ceo now about that it is considered a state of emergency but he has an extended away e mail with customer service e mail .they are getting so many cancellations ,they are not answering now. so do not give them any more money

Not sure who at NCL you are talking to, but the policy states:

"This offer applies to all individual and group guests in non-chartered sailings who are currently booked through this timeframe."

Sounds to me like it doesn't matter when you booked...it applies to all who were booked at the time the policy came out.  JMO.

26 minutes ago, crooz4fun said:

Not sure who at NCL you are talking to, but the policy states:

"This offer applies to all individual and group guests in non-chartered sailings who are currently booked through this timeframe."

Sounds to me like it doesn't matter when you booked...it applies to all who were booked at the time the policy came out.  JMO.

It does not apply to Eagle y cruise. The policy started 03/10/2020. He/Her cruise was on 03/08/2020.

We are dealing with the same situation. We cancelled our cruise for March 8, NY to Bahamas. My husband and I are both seniors (69 & 73) with underlying health problems. We cancelled 48 hours before the date. So far we have emailed, all dept heads & CEO and more to no avail. All NCL are concerned about is their profits! We will be continuing to annoy them for as long as it takes.....

Stock answers from everyone, “I empathise but......” an absolute load of b......t!

We have  also cancelled a cruise in Europe on June 18, starting in Italy. thankfully we had only paid the deposit. But they are trying to avoid giving that back!

They have increased all the prices for future cruises, so anyone who has a cruise credit is going to be paying more, so NCL can claw back some of their losses.

• 1 year later...

I wanted to share our unbelievable experience with NCL and their “Peace of Mind Credit”.  To summarize, it is fairly impossible to use.  
We had to cancel our cruise that was due to leave on Jan 23, 2022 due to one of our party testing positive for Covid (though asymptomatic).   
Here are the loopholes with using the Credit given from the “Peace of Mind” Policy.

1) The credit is divided up amongst the passengers based upon the deal when you booked.  Since the deals are changed, the payments for a new cruise would be different for each person than the credits given.

2) you cannot transfer a partial amount of the credit.  Only all. So my daughter a a 500 credit but her cost of booked on a new ship is $300.  We lose that $200.

3) Credit cannot be used for on board credit, meal packages etc, only fare, taxes, gratuity, some pre-purchased excursions.  That is it.

4) You can’t have them book airfare (to use some of that credit) unless you want to sail 90 days or more out, putting us in a completely different season in which our family is unable to take time off.

5) It takes 14 business days to get the credit.  So you cannot use it to rebook for about 3 weeks.

6) ncl will not do a courtesy hold on a trip while you wait for that credit to come.

So now we are stuck.  We are only able to cruise until the third week of March, but everything expires by Dec 2022.  We cannot book for another 2 weeks, so we cannot buy airfare until then.  By the , air far will be triple.  

This has been an eye opening experience and we are going to cancel all our future bookings we had scheduled and let everyone know how awful our experience has been.  I think they are making it as hard as possible to actually use the FCC, then they get to keep that money and not provide a service at all.