better I cancel the cruise or wait for HAL to cancel it

the col.

4 minutes ago, Blake18 said:

Have April 25th cruise and they still haven't cancelled as all the ports are closed this very frustrating as we have until March 31st to change but want them to cancel for better offers. When are they going to cancel already this is crazy.

The experience with the Koningsdam and the other long voyages supposed to begin in mid-March says they will try to wait you out so they don't have to fork out cash.

If they would just announce that all Alaska cruise’s are cancelled until atleast July, they no this , how many phone calls would this stop. They need to quit jerking their customers around and promptly refund their money. I have a bad feeling they are planning on bankruptcy if the government don’t bale  them out. They have 12 thousand of my money ,  not looking good that I will see that anytime soon if ever.

• Like 1

We are scheduled for the Zaandam on 5/23 from Boston - Montreal...

No doubt it will be cancelled, but waiting on HAL to do it, instead of ourselves.

Naturally, they'll take their sweet time and try hold our $$ as long as possible.

Maybe they think Canada will change it's mind.

We submitted a cancel request with Delta, as their 'puters wouldn't do it.

It'll take 1 - 7 weeks to process, and all they'll give us is a credit, anyway.

I'm hoping that doesn't screw us up, but we'll see.

• Like 1

We are scheduled for an April 16 cruise - a transpacific from Sydney to Vancouver. All ports are closed and we have international flights still scheduled. We can't even enter Australia. Called HAL and was told the cruise is still on. This is only three weeks away - not in May or June and not a word from HAL. I know they are overwhelmed but it's not that hard to send group emails to all those currently booked on that voyage. It's not going to sail and we know that  and they know it as well. The uncertainty is stressful and their March 31 deadline for us to cancel is rapidly approaching. Should they wait until after March 31 and cancel they have much better compensation but by then most will have opted for the March 31 deadline. 

11 minutes ago, jamesfic67 said:

We are scheduled for an April 16 cruise - a transpacific from Sydney to Vancouver. All ports are closed and we have international flights still scheduled. We can't even enter Australia. Called HAL and was told the cruise is still on. This is only three weeks away - not in May or June and not a word from HAL. I know they are overwhelmed but it's not that hard to send group emails to all those currently booked on that voyage. It's not going to sail and we know that  and they know it as well. The uncertainty is stressful and their March 31 deadline for us to cancel is rapidly approaching. Should they wait until after March 31 and cancel they have much better compensation but by then most will have opted for the March 31 deadline. 

When I spoke with them they said the March 31st deadlin is no longer applicable you now have up until 48 hours to cancel the cruise for every cruises until end of July regardless of when you purchased it.

25 minutes ago, jamesfic67 said:

We're holding out for our April 17 trans Atlantic to be cancelled as well. They could cross the ocean without stopping but Amsterdam has closed her port so what's the point in moving the ship?