Which private company is the best (value)?

Bumblb77

For a Snorkel/Stingray City/Island Tour combo? I've seen mention of Native Way, Shoretrips.com, and Captain Marvin's on this site - which one has the best value (trip quality & price)?

I've been to GC before and would like to venture outside the Cruise-ship excursions. I definitely want to take my husband (who is a GC virgin) Snorkeling, to Stingray City, to Hell and to the Turtle Farm/Tortuga Rum Factory. I'm having a hard time deciding which tour company to go with so any advice will be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Lesley

We just got back from GC and decided to book with Captain Marvin and I have to say it was the best thing we did during our entire cruise. I am the kind of person that likes to do a lot of research before I book something independently. After reading many many reviews we decided to book with Captain Marvin and I am glad we did. It was a great value for the trip and a lot better than our first visit to GC which we booked directly through CCL.

We did the 3 hour tour which included two snorkle stops one at Coral Gardens and one at the Barrier Reef then on to Stingray City. They dropped food in the water at each stop which was great because there were so many fish to look at. It was only $40 a person and the boat was not crowded at all unlike other tours I have seen. I did see on their website that you could add an island tour (Hell & Turtle Farm) for an additional charge but not exactly sure what that was, I think maybe $20 or $25 extra. I booked the Hell, Turtle Farm, and Stingray City through CCL the first time and it was about $65 and that was without the two snorkle stops.

Hope this helps and if you need anymore info let me know.

Joey

Did this tour in December and could highly recommend this company. They were on the dock waiting for us and we were transferred to the boat in no time. Take an underwater disposable camera with you, the photos are great. Only five on our boat so plenty of time with the rays, met the resident moray eel on the reef and had a pleasant light lunch at Rum Point. A great day was had by all.

Sydney Oz

I have heard that the eco private tours are great for goups of 10-18. especially smaller children. Their boat can go in real shallow water, making it easy for the real young or old to see the stingrays. They will customize you trip- anyway you want. We are booked to use them in April.

Archived