Another Vote For Cameron Reid tour!

MAGNUM PI

We experienced a tour of Barbados, last week with Rocker(an employee of Cameron Reid). As planned, he was waiting at the terminal area, holding a sign with my name.

We had previously visited Barbados-two other times. Took a 4X4 off road safari through Celebrity Cruises, and the Silver Moon- turtle/sunken ship snorkel catamaran tour.

Rocker went out of his way to exceed our requests. I wanted to visit the Animal Flower Cave, at the extreme north end of Barbados. Upon arrival, he advised not to pay the $10 fee, to walk down into the cave area; not worth it. Suggested just taking in the wonderful views of the coastline; huge surf pounding against the rocky cliffs. Very impressive.

Among other places we visited were: St James Church(circa 1600's), Bathsheba area, Cherry Hill, sugar mill.

I emphasized that I wanted to take many photographs, and Rocker didn't disappoint.

We wanted to visit Orchid World, which Cameron Reid recommended, but we actually ran out of time.

We enjoyed this tour, much more than the 4X4 adventure of Barbados. Less expensive than the ship excursion, and more informative, personal.

I'm trying to decide between a tour similar to yours and the Silver Moon excursion. We'll be doing a daysail at St. Thomas/St. John with Rumbaba. Are the sites in Barbados worth a land tour? Can I ask how much you paid for your tour with Cameron/Rocker?

Thanks!

Brooke

n8vtxn: See also my review a little further down the forum list..... we did our tour with Cameron (he personally did ours) on Dec. 1st. Barbados is a gorgeous island and well worth the "around the island" tour. There were 4 of us and we paid $150.00 for 6-6.5 hours of personal tour. That works out to 37.50 per person. We told him what we were interested in and that is exactly what he gave us. We also tipped him AND bought his lunch - strictly our choice. I would not hesitate to contact him though if this is what you want to do as he is very good and will book up.

We took the Silver Moon-two years ago. Snorkeling with the turtles, and over a sunken ship was great! However, little time is spent on snorkeling. The majority of your sail-is just that-sailing, alcoholic beverages,lunch.

If you have not visited Barbados before, I would opt for a land tour(Cameron Reid in particular). Just plan out your tour, and they will take you where ever you desire. My family of 6 had a 14 passenger van to ourselves! Cost was $175. At least half the price of a ship excursion-AND just my own family!

You will NOT see what Barbados has to offer, from the Silver Moon catamaran. It is worth it-IF you have previously taken a land tour.

Yes, Barbados has many areas, worth visiting. Actually, too many. We had to alter our tour, as we ran out of time.

Archived