Snorkeling In Ocho Rios?

KMK41

Just wondering if the snorkeling in Ocho Rios is worth doing. I have not read much about it on this board, so thought maybe it's not a good as Grand Cayman. Any help would be appreciated

Would some nice folks comment on the snorkeling there???:confused:

It has been a few years since we were there, but we snorkled in Ocho Rios at Mahogony Beach (Peat Taylor drove us) and it was some of the best, two local boys took us on a small boat out to a reef, we have some great pics of our ship right behind us. We also saw alot of wildlife. I don't think alot of people snorkle so it was really unspoiled and beautiful, we are going again in August and plan to do that again.

If I can help any more let me know.

Kathy

It has been a few years since we were there, but we snorkled in Ocho Rios at Mahogony Beach (Peat Taylor drove us) and it was some of the best, two local boys took us on a small boat out to a reef, we have some great pics of our ship right behind us. We also saw alot of wildlife. I don't think alot of people snorkle so it was really unspoiled and beautiful, we are going again in August and plan to do that again.

If I can help any more let me know.

Kathy

Do you think it would be worth it to contact someone if all we want to do is snorkel? Not do the Falls, blah - blah - blah.

Also how long did you get to snorkel? What was the price?

Thx for your help!

Kitten,

Keep in mind that we did this a few years back, but if you go to Peat Taylors website and email him what you want he can point you in the right direction. I think we paid $80.00 total for the two boys to take us out to the reef. It was just the four of us and they brought food and they went down and brought out sea life , we were literally surrounded by more sea life than anywhere else we snorkled. Why the price seems steep, I belive we paid $60.00 and gave a $20 for a tip. The place is Mahogony beach, and the one thing about Peat taylor was he told us who to ask for and to tell them Peat sent you. Let me say, everyone bended over backwards to help us and no one pestered us. There is something about Peat and people will leave you alone.

Other than that i am sure you can find something on the boards, but not sure what else.

PS. When we got to the beach, it was a locals place, I was afraid that Peat had dropped us off and would not come back. He was due to pick us up at 3pm. Well 3pm came and I started panicking, my DH was calm. About 5 mins later (felt like hours) here comes Peat. My Dh tells him I was panicking and laughed and told me "No worry mam, I would never leave you, traffic was bad" True to his word, we were back in time.

Kathy

Archived