Transport from Miami Hotel to Port Everglades

cecparkinson

Hi there was wondering if anyone could give me advice as to the best form of transport from the holiday inn near bayside to Port Everglades I've seen loads of posts in the opposite direction but none out from Miami. As far as I can see these are my choices and the down sides. There are two of us with average baggage

Hire car- limited parking close to Holiday Inn, unsure of nearest drop off point near port everglades

Super shuttle - Do I need to make my way back to miami airport to catch it?

Taxi- a little pricey $70 i've heard

Metro mover- handy and cheap but not practical carrying large heavy suitcases plus the wife is moaning about that choice

If anyone can put me right i would appreciate it

Many thanks for your replys Cec and kim

Hmmm, why are you at the HI Bayside Miami to begin with?

The most economical way is a car rental but with the price of parking at your hotel that may not be the case in the long run.

Super Shuttle would probably come to the hotel to pick you up, have you called them for a price?

MetroMover is not a good idea. Period.

Metro bus

Is available through Miami-Dade County into Southern Broward along 94 routes, 365 days a year. Most run from 4am to 2:30 am (some runs 24 hours). The bus system works with Metro rail and Metro mover, and serves all major businesses. Wheelchair accessible buses can be identified by the international wheelchair symbol. Full fare: Metro bus $1.25 (transfer: $0.25).

Metro rail, Metro mover, Metro bus: 305-770-3131

Thanks Bequia for your reply, the reason we are staying in the holiday inn bayside is that we fly into Miami the night before we are due to board the ship. Also we want to go to bubba gumps restaurant just over the road. The parking at the hotel is only 10 dollars which isnt that bad the problem would be lack of parking spaces as the hotel only has 46 spaces. would you know if theres any parking near by we could use.

Just to ask another question seeing as you live in Ft lauderdale i've had a look on another website and it says that on the day of our embarkation there are 13 ships in port everglades at the same time. Is it that big and can it cope?

Many thanks Cec and kim

Thanks Bequia for your reply, the reason we are staying in the holiday inn bayside is that we fly into Miami the night before we are due to board the ship. Also we want to go to bubba gumps restaurant just over the road. The parking at the hotel is only 10 dollars which isnt that bad the problem would be lack of parking spaces as the hotel only has 46 spaces. would you know if theres any parking near by we could use.

The Bayside Marketplace parking garage is directly across the street. It's open 24 hours and usually charges a flat rate of $15.00. Also in the center median there is metered parking where you pay at a kiosk for the amount of time you want to park. Bubba Gumps is right across the street but to be honest with you it's not all that great, more of a greasy spoon tourist trap. You'd be better off eating at a Red Lobster. ;)

Just to ask another question seeing as you live in Ft lauderdale i've had a look on another website and it says that on the day of our embarkation there are 13 ships in port everglades at the same time. Is it that big and can it cope?

Many thanks Cec and kim

Yes, that's about max for Port Everglades. Have no fear though, it's organized chaos. Millions go through Port Everglades every year. They've go it down to a science. You'll have no problems.

Archived