Can you still cancel for a FCC up to 30 days before sail date?

cksv

Does anyone know if you can still cancel after final payment, up to 30 days before your cruise and get a future cruise credit? This was previously communicated in mid March but a lot has changed since then and I can’t find it mentioned on Carnival.com.

Here’s the announcement: https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-cruise-line-relaxes-cancellation-policy-due-to-coronavirus-fears/38312 “Guests can cancel 30 days before the departure date and any cancellation charges shall be held for a future cruise credit which needs to be used within one year of the original sailing.”

But I don’t see this mentioned anywhere on https://www.carnival.com/health-and-sailing-updates

Edited by cksv

Yes, I would like to know as well.

Also, can you cancel BEFORE final payment and get a full refund? Or is it a refund minus the deposit amount? I'm not interested in FCC at this point.

This is all so confusing..

I think I figured it out. The option to cancel and receive a future cruise credit up to 30 days before you sail is part of the "Early Saver Sale" rate which can be selected during the booking flow. The other rates seem to follow the normal policy of requiring final payment at the 90 day mark.

In regards to getting a full refund and not FCC before final payment, you would need to click "Learn More" on each rate and see which one allows for a complete refund of your deposit without any penalties. In my case that's the "Lucky Savings Sale". It's a trade off though, because if you go that route your final payment is due at 90 days instead of the 30 day mark, but you get a cash refund instead of FCC if you end up canceling.

To recap (based on my attached example for a 7 day cruise):

Early Saver Sale

• Lower cost ($1,034/pp)
  • Cancel up to 30 days before sail and receive a FCC
  • All cancellations that occur prior to the final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit in US dollars in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee.

Lucky Savings Sale

• Higher cost ($1,074/pp)
  • Cancel up to 90 days before sail and receive a cash refund
  • No penalties accessed for cancelling before final payment

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 11.06.14 AM.png