Re-Booking with Non-Refundable Deposit

MarkWiltonM

I have a NRD of $900 on a Jan. 2021 cruise on Reflection.  The fine print says if I cancel I will only forfeit $100 pp ($200 total) if I re-book a cruise.  Does anyone know how long I would have to re-book after cancelling the currently booked cruise, or if there is a limit on how far out the sailing date can be for a re-booked cruise?  For example, if I canceled now (April 2020) could I re-book an April 2022 cruise?  

Non-refundable deposit  (“NRD”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a 100 USD per person service fee. FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100 USD per person service fee applies to changes to NRD ship or sail date.

21 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Non-refundable deposit  (“NRD”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a 100 USD per person service fee. FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100 USD per person service fee applies to changes to NRD ship or sail date.

Absolutely correct, in our experience with FCC. The only thing I would clarify is the “12 month expiration” means the new sail date must commence by the expiration date (not just “booked by”).

So if you’re going this route, don’t cancel too early unless you really know where you want to put that FCC now and it’s within the 12 month period.