Carnival Radiance, Refurb, and Possible Cancellation

Maze24

Hi All,

We were thinking of booking the Carnvial Radiance for Feb of next year.  Seeing how the refurb is delayed, and I've heard talk of it getting super pushed out, we were concerned about the deposit.  We called Carnival, but honestly, I think I knew more about the ship than the person who took our call.  

Anyway, my questions - say the refurb doesn't happen:

(1) if they cancel the cruise, we'll get the deposit back since it was on them, correct?

(2) if they do the old switcheroo, and change the ship (but no the route or itinerary) to one we're not keen on taking - could we get our deposit back?  

Anyway, wondering if anyone has any experience with this kind of situation or inisight into what would happen.

Thanks!  Be well!

We booked for Feb. 2021 and I think it will be fine. I think they will just cut the cruises at the front end. I don't think it will affect the winter cruises. That being said, part of the cruise contract is that they can change ports, so I'm not sure you can argue your way out of cancelling without penalty. However, my guess is you could probably get some amount of flexibility.

I talked to someone fairly knowledgeable about this ship and was told they will get it into drydock for the refurbishment as soon as they can.

If you book on a certain ship and it isn't ready they will have to give you the option of a refund.