2 thumbs up for native way

hlb76

We where in GC on 1-23-06 and booked our excursion privately with the help from everyone on this board. It was a wonderfull trip. We got off the boat a little early than we needed to be and the little gazboo was packed with people trying to find there tour. So we shopped a little and headed back to meet our guide. By then it was a less crazy we had about 20 people to load on a bus and since there where so mant Taxis still there they headed us a cross the street to be picked up. This was really nice and much less hassle. We drove to the marinia and got a little history of the island on the drive there. Once at the baot we split into 2 groups. One group was from another ship that had an early depart time so they where just doing the rays and reef. 12 of us got on our boat and headed for the sandbar. Abby was our video lady that taped us for the souviner video. She was really nice. Charlie was our helper in the ocean and Chris drove the boat. They where all wonderfull. Abby took the kids up to drive the boat which was amazing for them. On our way to the rays Charlie was very helpful telling us about GC. Once at the sandbar we anchored away from the other 5-10 boats out there that where coming and going. Charlie and Abby got right in the water and I think I was the first from our group. All I can say is WOW the rays are awesome. I have never been so scared and excited in all my life. They are huge and scary but so nice and genlte. My 5 year old wanted in so I held him he was pretty scared but wanted to try once the first ray came close he was done. My 10 year old was brave and jumped in and was having a grand time till about 3 rays came toward him the he screamed like a girl. He was scared but soon got used to the rays. Charlie did a wonderfull job catching rays and telling us about them. We got to kiss one and hold them and feed them. I even got a massage from one. I was so impressed by that whle ray thing.Once we where all done with the rays we where to go snorkling at the reef but the seas where quite rough and they said you could not see much in thoose conditions. So we went to the coral gardens. Very pretty. We say a few fish and a few rays came by to say hello. I would of loved to go to the reef but what can you do. Once back on the boat we got a menu and where told to order lunch so it would be ready. There are about 10-15 things to choose from. I got a jerk pork sandwhich. When we got to Rum point our food was ready. The food was awesome everyone had great food and plenty of it. They also had water or iced tea to drink. During lunch my 5 year old sat with Abby and flirted a lot. He is quite the ladies man and think she "fell" for him to. He still talks about her. We spent about 2 wonderful hours at the beach. They have ample beach chairs. Nice clean shower room/restroom. A gift shop and the resturnat/bar. You can also rent water toys like jet skis and beach bikes. We just enjoyed ourself at the beach. Too soon it was time to leave so charlie got us on the boat and headed back. On the way back we saw many igunanas sunning themselves along the waterway so Chris slowed way down for some photo ops. Once back at the marina we headed to the bus and back with plenty of time to spare. I loved our trip to the GC and would go back and book NW agian. Many of the other boats at the sandbar had well over 50 per boat the where hearded through like cattle. The boats just came and left every 15-20 mins. Chris made sure we had all spent enough time and where ready to leave each stop. I did not feel rushed at all. They where wonderfull. If any one sees Abby any time soon tell her Ethan misses her.

The company name is Native way and I know there are tons of threads on this board about them and sure some have links. I do believe we paid 65 pp. But that was not bad seeing it included an all day tour and lunch. Each lunch was about 10 pp when I looked at the menu. Be sure to check them out it was well worth it.

What time did you meet and return? How long were you at the beach? Did you get back on a bus after the snorkling to go to the beach? Thanks.

They can vary the tour due to you ships port time. We had too. Not quite sure on the times. But it was like 30 mins or so after our first tender time and where back 45 mins before our last or something like that. I totally did not feel rushed about the times they dod this everyday and are very helpful about times.

We rode to the boat and got some history of the things we passed then got on the boat went to the rays then the reef then to the beach where our lunch was waiting.All by boat. I guess it take about 45 mins to drive to rum point. We where at the beach for about 2 hours I do believe . It could of been longer but did not pay too much atytention to time. We did not feel rushed there. We had plenty of time to eat then found a chair and the kids played in the surf. We had planety of time even had time to clean up in the shower house before we got back to the boat.

I did forget to mention on the boats they have a small bathroom. Free water and punch to drink. They also provide the snorkel gear and life jackets.

Check out there web site www.nativewaywatersports.com they have many different tours to do all reasonable priced. And the staff was great. I can not say enough great things. My freind made the reservations for us but Sharon was easy to deal with and she made booking easy. They had no problem answering all of our questions and always got back to us in a timely manner.

Did you have to pre-pay for the excursion. I understand having to make reservations but would hate to lose out with rough seas and ship not being able to tender. Is it just a risk you have to take. Or should I just call and ask them? :confused:

You give them a cc # to hold your reservation but they ask you to pay when you leave the ship. My freind put all 8 of us on her cc but was never charged. We all paid cash. I was worried about that too. but all worked out. Contancting them threw e-mail works fine Sharon responds fast. You would think they should pay me to be a spokesperson. But companys like this only stay in bussiness due to the word of mouth. And I have a big mouth.

Another question. did they provide some kind of flotation help for the snorkling? I can swim but I sink much better and don't tread water or swim well for longer peiods of time. Did you have anyone on your tour that had swimming difficulties and how did they address that. I think that is the last thing holding back my booking. honest. LOL! :D

I second everything said by HLB76- we were with Nativeway (Chris, Charlie and Nicoletta-video-) and had a wonderful experience. This was by far the highlight of my cruise. We too had our three children and they had a great time- Charlie was wonderful catching the rays and working with my guys.

The boat does have life vests that can be used when you snorkel at the reef. You will not need anything at the Rays. And as far as reserving the spot with your CC#, if your boat does not tender the day of the tour you are not charged, but if your boat does tender and you decide not to do the tour Sharon said you would be charged. I am sure they have some stipulation about bad weather and cancellation if your boat does tender but the seas are too rough to go out on the tour.

Just a note, I called Sharon 3 times to book everything and my calls ended up costing $16- I think I was on a total of 4-5 minutes!!! I have called other islands and never thought my LD carrier would charge $3-4 per minute!

Oh- and also- we did get the video from Nicoletta. She did a nice job of getting a variety of people in the water, but I felt since we had so many kids with us she made sure she videoed them a lot. Of course because of this we bought the tape! I can't wait to see it!

Thanks for the info. I emailed Sharon yesterday, she got back with me today. Went ahead and gave her my cc# so I'm reserved for the tour. It sounds great. I was a little skeptical/nervous about not going through the cruiseline, but it sounds safe and less crowded than some of the cruiseline tours. I didn't think price was bad either, was quoted $60pp which includes lunch and equiment. Sharon said the tour starts at 9am, we need to meet at lastest by 8:45 and tour ends around 2:30pm. Our ship departs at 5pm. So, hopefully we won't have any problems. I heard the lines can get pretty long waiting for the tenders to reboard. There is a total of 6 ships at GC that day. Oh well, thanks again.

The kid's rate for Rays, Reef and Rum Point was $45. The lunch is at the open-air restaurant at Rum Point and has a good selection of burgers, chicken fingers, fries, fish and chips. There was a "kids" menu- same stuff as the adults, just smaller portions. The food was very good and the servings were big.

We had 3 ship ther but I know one left earlier than us not sure if the other was stiil there. We got back to the tender area with about 45 til last tender and saw the line and thought great we may never make it on time it was around the block so we had the boys go wait and the woman went to get so last mins sounviners well within 10 mons my hubby was hunting us down cuz we where at the front of the line. Don't worry about tenders they move fast and wont leave you if you are in line.

As far as kids meals mine ordered a hot dog and chix fingers had way to much food. No one went hungery I did not even finish mine.

They are very helpful and have life vests. The sand bar depth is not bad about waist to my 10 year old but the waves where high so he got splashed a lot. My 5 year old spent most time on the boat and he was ok with that he could still see the rays.

Did I answer everything?

Archived