New-Builds in the near future

Britboys

Meyer have obviously had major discussions with their cruise line customers  so his view of only 70% of the ships back in action by year end must be taken seriously. He is also assuming that existing orders will remain but will now be phased over a much longer timescale, with no new orders for several years, a pretty grim prediction.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Very interesting indeed Andrew. Thanks for posting. The CEO’s comments reflect the stark reality of the crisis facing the industry and is free from the ‘spin’ that cruise company CEO’s will understandably give as they try to keep forward bookings coming in to help cash flow. A few weeks ago in a post on here I stated that I feared that it could take 10 years for the cruise industry to recover to where it was heading last year and I was accused of being a doom merchant. Interesting that he gives the same timescale. It’s also interesting that he shares the view of many of us that it’s going to take a very long time indeed before all the current cruise ships are back in service. The financial impact of this crisis will affect businesses of all types for years to come, but I am struggling to think of many industries that will be harder hit than cruising. Very sad. 

• Like 6