carnival pride questions ???

melika091900

We just got off the NCL star in mexico and we were always sailing by or docking with carnival pride, so weve decided to book a cruise on the pride in november to mexico again since it was so nice,

i had a few questions about the pride

1- kids programs? what kind of things do they do and for how long?

2- service in general? room stewards? food ? etc

3- things for kids to do ? arcade? etc

any info id appreciate , this will be our 4th cruise , 2nd with carnival, but this is the 1st time we are taking our 5 year old daughter, any info id appreciate

thanks and happy cruising

melissa

Welcome to Cruise Critic, The Pride was an awesome fun ship, we had a great time, the service and food was also awesome, Carnival has its Camp Carnival for the kids, they keep them busy all day long. Camp Carnival is located at the very front of the ship and they do have an Acrade there for them. Do a Search under Camp Carnival and highlight Carnival so you can see all the detailed threads on it.

Click here for all Camp Carnival info: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=2822134

the last cruise that I took was jan 05 on the Pride, and the next cruise i am taking is 3/19/06... on the Pride. The ship is enchanting, the service was wonderful and the entire experience is breathtaking. Can't say enough positive things about the Pride.

We took the Pride a couple years ago. The most beautiful ship I've been on. Very nice. Rooms were a bit smaller than on the Triumph.

My son discovered the arcade hard last cruise we took him on. I was wondering where he was as I turned on the TV to check our bill. I knew where he was!!!

arcade $10

arcade $5

arcade $10

arcade $15

etc

etc

etc

:rolleyes:

They can use the sail and sign card to get game credits and boy did he ever! I gotta hand it to him though - when I asked if he knew how much he had spent, he had it down to the penny.

I then made him go to the pursers desk and turn off the arcade - they actually had to turn off all purchases with it.

Hmmmmm..... maybe I'll post this as a new topic.

on the Pride.

We also started cruising as a family when our youngest was 5 years old and he loved it. The Camp Carnival staff have been absolutely wonderful on the 11 different Carnival ships we have been on.

Camp Carnival is "free" until 10pm and then it is $6 an hour if you want them to babysit until 3am.

They do have breaks for lunch and dinner, so you can feed your little one.

The Camp Carnival Caper that they give you at the beginning of the cruise will have all the times and activities for the 5 year old age group for the entire week.

Go and have a great time.

It is so nice that we have booked another cruise on the Pride less than a year from our first cruise...you will really enjoy her.... All spirit class ships are nice..I leave on the Legend in 28 days...

Jan

have a great cruise....

when are you going on the pride?

melissa

Is the Pride the one with all those nude statues all over the place ?

I only saw one nude statue and, I'm sorry, but Michelangelo's "Statue of David" would look pretty silly with clothes on it. There are, however, many blown up works of the masters throughout the ship, my favorite, being the Collossus of Rhodes which occupies the entire wall opposite the glass elevators of the atrium. I thought all the artwork on the PRIDE (cruised her twice) was very tasteful (certainly a refreshing change from Farcus on drugs which dominates most of his decor). :D

Have pics of "David's" restaurant on my webshots.

in Italy for 2 weeks and that whole time I did not see one person harmed in any way from seeing "David". I think it is funny that folks "feak" about real art and yet say nothing about the Topless Decks that are on every Carnival ship???

in Italy for 2 weeks and that whole time I did not see one person harmed in any way from seeing "David". I think it is funny that folks "feak" about real art and yet say nothing about the Topless Decks that are on every Carnival ship???

Exactly . . . . ;)

Archived