Beyond the Sea

*CruiseFan*

No, I'm NOT talking about Bobby Darin's (sp?) version of it :) My morning routing includes checking the Drudge Report and today they had a link about Barry Manilow making a comeback. Being as I grew up hearing it because my Dad loves him some Manilow music (LOL), I was naturally inclined to read the article.

What I found interesting and what I decided I should share because at least ONE person might care is that his new album which is expected to re-jumpstart his career is a cover album of the greatest love songs of the 50's. Guess what number 13 is? Yep, Beyond the Sea!

I <3 that Carnival commercial, it makes me so dang smiley and happy everytime it comes on and watching it NEVER GETS OLD.

Link to the Full Article

Happy Wednesday everyone!

It's quite a popular song again these days, what with Carnival and Nemo! We too get all excited when the commercials come on and have even made up our own lyrics to fit our next cruise that we sing right over top of the commercial! :D

Thanks for sharing and Happy Cruising!

I grew up with my Mom listening to Barry Manilow allllllllllllllllllllllllllll the time.......so naturally...I love him too. This past Sunday she had on his new CD...when I heard "Beyond the Sea"...I said "HEY! It's the Carnival commerical!" :D

I'll definitely be burning a copy for myself. :)

I grew up with my Mom listening to Barry Manilow allllllllllllllllllllllllllll the time.......so naturally...I love him too. This past Sunday she had on his new CD...when I heard "Beyond the Sea"...I said "HEY! It's the Carnival commerical!" :D

I'll definitely be burning a copy for myself. :)

How is it? He's got a great voice. I'm not a huge fan of his music but he's very talented :) I would assume it's a great song.

How is it? He's got a great voice. I'm not a huge fan of his music but he's very talented :) I would assume it's a great song.

I love Barry Manilow...so I of course think it's great! It's definitely different from the commercials...a bit slower, maybe? Still good. :)

Archived