Norwegian Gem and Nowegian Pearl

nu2cruzin03

When should we anticipate seeing itineraries for the new Norwegian Gem and Norwegian Pearl? I know that the Gem is scheduled for delivery in February 2007 and the Pearl in October/November 2007. At times, a cruise can be booked 12 - 18 months in advance. We are looking forward to our April 26th Dawn cruise; I wonder if we will be able to book a Gem or Pearl cruise at that time.

Rick and Lisa

Norwegian Dawn June 1, 2003

Norwegian Dawn May 23, 2004

Celebrity Zenith May 28, 2005

That might still be too early.

If I recall correctly, NCL didn't post the Pride of Hawaii cruise itineraries until 6 months or so before it is scheduled to be delivered to them.

As it stands today, no NCL ships have their itineraries posted after April 2007, and that's just 14 months away.

Is there really that much a demand for cruising around Cape Horn?

If anything, sending the Spirit or the Sun to South America makes more sense, or even the smaller Dream or Wind.

The largest ship in the NCL fleet should be sailing from their larger markets, leaving the smaller ships for the smaller markets.

The largest ship in the NCL fleet should be sailing from their larger markets, leaving the smaller ships for the smaller markets.

*laughing as I type this*

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I actually agree with you electricron. :D

I was under the impression that the Pearl was to be built first, with the Gem being the second ship built in 2007.

When NCL posts next year's intineraries past April 2007 in late April, May, or early June this year, we might see some intineraries for the Pearl.....

Not yet.

Some have speculated where these ships will go, but NCL hasn't announced anything yet.

Personally, I think the Pearl will end up in Alaska in 2007, then replacing the Star in L.A. that winter. I also think the Gem will end up in New York City, replacing the Spirit that winter. Both the Star and Spirit will probably move to new homeports.

Remember, that's only my opinion. I doubt NCL has finalized any plans yet.

Archived