Sunrise service on the Imagination?

labtech

I am cruising for Easter this year. I know that sometimes there are clergy on board and was wondering if they usually have a sunrise service of some kind for Easter Sunday.....wow!!! Can't imagine THAT sunrise!!! If not...may just have to have one of my own!!!

Hi - I was on the Legend and they did not have any clergy on board (we were on the New Years Cruise 12/27/05 - 1/4/06). We got off the ship in Martinique and were able to find a church. However, I must say when we called Carnival prior to sailing, they told us that there would be a minister/priest/someone to do services. When we asked at the pursers desk upon arrival, we were told that they were unable to find a priest and/or minister for the cruise but we could go to the Hanukka services that were held every afternoon during the Jewish holiday.

In all my cruises, I've never seen any church services announced....except one time. It wasn't during any religious holiday, but there was a priest on board, and I attended Mass. It was held on an outside deck, far forward.....and, since I'm Catholic, it was very special to me.:) I've been fortunate to have found Catholic churches on the islands a few times. Even when Mass was not being held at the time, I've been able to 'make a little visit' inside.

Deb, seriously, you might want to check with the different cruiselines to see about that! I've heard of the lines hiring ministers and priests to go on certain sailings to hold services during religious holidays. Go for it girl!:)

Archived