Progresso with a toddler?

txmomto1

Our cruise, Ecstasy was just re-routed to Progresso from Playa on 5/1. I've been to Playa, and was pretty confident about what to do. We won't be able to see ruins, etc... our 3 year old won't have anything to do with that. We need to park on the beach for the day, play in the water and the sand... and mom and dad enjoy some beers.

I've read such negative things about the beach at Progresso, and wondered if anyone had a day like we are planning there?

I'd prefer to go it alone, without buying the tour through the ship. Any thoughts?

Not a problem and no ship's excursion is needed. The beach is only three blocks from the plaza where the courtesy bus drops you. I would walk down to the area accros from Le Saint Bonnet restaurant and park under one of the beach palapas. The restaurants will offer service and the fish is soooo fresh and good. The water is shallow till you are quite far out, perfect for little ones. Hope you have a nice day.

The $2 open air bus sightseeing tour might be an enjoyable activity too.

Take the bus tour, it is well worth the $2.00 . Sit on the top level, but watch your head. I had never been to Progresso either, and was unsure. I just returned a few weeks ago, and it was fun and nice. VERY safe feeling, and gives the old Mexico feel. We walked all over town, and discovered a market entrance where the locals shop, was fun, just look for the Chickens hanging out for sell, and you are near. The beach was ok, the people were very friendly.

Jim:)

Archived